Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Needleless injector drug capsule and a method for filling thereof|
|Abstract:||A method for tilling needleless injector capsules with liquid drug, whereby dissolved gas within the drug is replaced by a less soluble gas in order to reduce the inclusion of gas bubbles, or to prevent the growth of bubbles during storage and thereby prevent breakage of the capsules.|
|Inventor(s):||Henry; William (Trumpington, GB), Lewis; Andrew (Trumpington, GB)|
|Assignee:||Zogenix, Inc. (Emeryville, CA)|
1. A method of reducing breakage of a needle-free injector drug capsule, comprising: sparging a liquid drug with an inert gas having a solubility of 0.5 cm.sup.3 to 25
cm.sup.3 in 100 cm.sup.3 in the liquid drug to obtain a sparged liquid drug; stirring the liquid drug during the sparging; evacuating a capsule comprised of borosilicate glass strengthened with ion exchange to about 0.5 mbar; and loading the sparged
liquid drug into the evacuated capsule.
2. The method as claimed in claim 1, further comprising: forcing the inert gas through a filter comprising apertures of not more than 0.2 .mu.m prior to contacting the gas with the liquid drug.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the stifling is carried out at 100 rpm to 300 rpm.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the stifling is carried out at 200 rpm to 300 rpm.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the inert gas has a solubility in a range of from 0.9 cm.sup.3 to 5.0 cm.sup.3 in 100 cm.sup.3 of liquid drug wherein the solubility is measured at 25.degree. C.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the inert gas has a solubility in a range of from 0.9 cm.sup.3 to 1.5 cm.sup.3 in 100 cm.sup.3 of liquid drug wherein the solubility is measured at 25.degree. C.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.