DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,222,244
|Title:||Staurosporine derivatives as inhibitors of FLT3 receptor tyrosine kinase activity|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to the use of staurosporines derivatives for the preparation of a drug for the treatment of diseases involving deregulated FLT3 receptor tyrosine kinase activity, especially for the curative and/or prophylactic treatment of leukemias and myelodysplastic syndromes, and to a method of treating diseases involving deregulated FLT3 receptor tyrosine kinase activity.|
|Inventor(s):||Griffin; James D (Brookline, MA), Manley; Paul W (Arlesheim, CH)|
|Assignee:||Novartis AG (Basel, CH) Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Inc. (Boston, MA)|
1. A method for treating a mammal suffering from acute myeloid leukemia comprising administering to a mammal in need of such treatment a therapeutically effective
amount of N-[(9S,10R,11R,13R)-2,3,10,11,12,13-hexahydro-10-methoxy-9-methyl-1-oxo-9- ,13-epoxy-1H,9H-diindolo[1,2,3-gh:3',2',1'-Im]pyrrolo[3,4-j][1,7]benzodiaz- onin-11-yl]-N-methylbenzamide of the formula (VII): ##STR00007## or a salt thereof; wherein
the acute myeloid leukemia is characterized by deregulated FLT3 receptor tyrosine kinase activity.
2. A method according to claim 1, wherein the therapeutically effective amount of the compound of formula VII is administered to a mammal subject 7 to 4 times a week or about 100% to about 50% of the days during a period of from one to six weeks, followed by a period of one to three weeks, wherein the agent is not administered and this cycle being repeated for from 1 to several cycles.
3. A method according to claim 1, wherein 225 mg of the compound of formula VII is administered daily.
4. A method according to claim 1, wherein the compound of formula VII is administered orally.
5. A method according to claim 4, wherein the compound of formula VII is administered as a microemulsion, soft gel or solid dispersion.
6. A method according to claim 5, wherein the compound of formula VII is administered as a microemulsion.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.