Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Highly purified ethyl EPA and other EPA derivatives|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical preparation comprising EPA in an appropriately assimilable form where of all the fatty acids present in the preparation at least 90%, and preferably at least 95%, is in the form of EPA and where less than 5%, and preferably less than 3%, is in the form of DHA is provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Peet; Malcolm (Sheffield, GB), Vaddadi; Krishna S. (Melbourne, AU)|
|Assignee:||Amarin Corporation Plc. (Dublin, IE)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising one or more fatty acids, at least 95% of which are in the form of ethyl-eicosapentaenoic acid, wherein the composition
contains no docosahexaenoic acid and the composition is present in a capsule.
2. The composition of claim 1 wherein the composition contains less than 3% of any fatty acid other than eicosapentaenoic acid.
3. The composition of claim 2 wherein the capsule is a gelatin capsule.
4. The composition of any one of claim 1, 2, or 3 wherein the ethyl-eicosapentaenoic acid is present in the composition in an amount of 250 mg to 1000 mg.
5. A pharmaceutical composition comprising 250 mg to 1000 mg of fatty acids at least 95% of which are in the form of ethyl eicosapentaenoic acid, wherein the composition contains no docosahexaenoic acid, and the composition is present in a capsule.
6. A pharmaceutical composition comprising 250 mg to 1000 mg of fatty acids at least 95% of which are in the form of ethyl-eicosapentaenoic acid, wherein the composition contains (a) less than 5% in aggregate of arachidonic acid and n-3 docosapentaenoic acid, and (b) no docosahexaenoic acid; and wherein the composition is present in a capsule.
7. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 5 wherein the composition contains arachidonic acid in an amount less than 3%, by weight, of said fatty acids.
8. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 6 wherein the composition contains docosapentaenoic acid in an amount less than 3%, by weight, of said fatty acids.
9. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 6 wherein the composition contains arachidonic acid and docosapentaenoic acid in an aggregate amount of less than 3%, by weight, of said fatty acids.
10. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 6 wherein the capsule comprises about 1000 mg of said composition.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.