DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,187,632
|Title:||Sustained-release preparations of quinolone antibiotics|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to an orally administrable preparation comprising a quinolone antibiotic which releases the active compound with a delay.|
|Inventor(s):||Kanikanti; Venkata-Rangarao (Leverkusen, DE), Rupp; Roland (Bergisch Gladbach, DE), Weber; Wolfgang (Cologne, DE), Deuringer; Peter (Cologne, DE), Henck; Jan-Olav (Willich, DE), Stab; Heino (Cologne, DE), Nishioka; Takaaki (Nabari, JP), Katakawa; Yoshifumi (Kusatsu, JP), Taniguchi; Chika (Nishinomiya, JP), Ichihashi; Hitoshi (Suita, JP)|
|Assignee:||Bayer Schering Pharma AG (Leverkusen, DE)|
1. An orally administrable antibiotic matrix preparation comprising a quinolone active compound, wherein the preparation comprises a rapid-release part containing a quinolone active
compound and a disintegrant, and a delayed-release part containing a mixture of a salt with the free base of the quinolone active compound at a salt-to-free base weight ratio of from about 1:10 to about 10:1 and an organic acid having from 2 to 10 carbon
atoms and from 1 to 4 carboxyl groups.
2. The preparation of claim 1, wherein the salt and free base are ciprofloxacin hydrochloride and ciprofloxacin betaine, respectively.
3. The preparation of claim 1, wherein the rapid-release part contains ciprofloxacin hydrochloride, ciprofloxacin betaine, or a mixture thereof.
4. The preparation of claim 1, wherein the disintegrant is crosslinked polyvinyl pyrrolidone.
5. The preparation of claim 1, wherein the organic acid is selected from the group consisting of acetic acid, malonic acid, succinic acid, fumaric acid, tartaric acid and citric acid.
6. The preparation of claim 1, wherein the organic acid is succinic acid.
7. The preparation of claim 1, wherein the delayed-release part further comprises a gel-forming polymer selected from the group consisting of alkylcellulose, hydroxyalkylcellulose, and carboxyalkylcellulose and its alkali metal salts.
8. The preparation of claim 7, wherein the gel-forming polymer is a hydroxyalkylcellulose.
9. The preparation of claim 7, wherein the gel-forming polymer is a crosslinked carboxymethylcellulose or an alkali metal salt thereof.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.