DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,173,107
|Title:||Delivery of antipsychotics through an inhalation route|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to the delivery of antipsychotics through an inhalation route. Specifically, it relates to aerosols containing antipsychotics that are used in inhalation therapy. In a method aspect of the present invention, an antipsychotic is delivered to a patient through an inhalation route. The method comprises: a) heating a composition, wherein the composition comprises an antipsychotic, to form a vapor; and, b) allowing the vapor to cool, thereby forming a condensation aerosol comprising particles with less than 5% antipsychotic drug degradation products. In a kit aspect of the present invention, a kit for delivering an antipsychotic through an inhalation route is provided which comprises: a) a thin coating of an antipsychotic composition and b) a device for dispensing said thin coating as a condensation aerosol.|
|Inventor(s):||Rabinowitz; Joshua D. (Princeton, NJ), Zaffaroni; Alejandro C. (Atherton, CA)|
|Assignee:||Alexza Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Mountain View, CA)|
1. An aerosol for delivery of loxapine by inhalation comprising condensation particles having an MMAD of 0.2 to 5 microns and a high particle concentration of the
2. The aerosol of claim 1, wherein the aerosol is at least 90% free of additional compounds.
3. The aerosol of claim 1, wherein the condensation particles have and MMAD of 1-3 microns.
4. The aerosol of claim 1, wherein the high particle concentration of the condensation particles is about 10.sup.9 particles/ml.
5. An aerosol for delivery of loxapine by inhalation comprising condensation particles having an MMAD of 0.2 to 5 microns and a particle density greater than 10.sup.6 particles/ml.
6. The aerosol of claim 5, wherein the aerosol is at least 90% free of additional compounds.
7. The aerosol of claim 5, wherein the condensation particles have an MMAD of 1-3 microns.
8. The aerosol of claim 5, wherein the aerosol has a particle density of about 10.sup.9 particles/ml.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.