Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods for treating blood-born tumors with thalidomide|
|Abstract:||The present invention comprises a group of compounds that effectively inhibit angiogenesis. More specifically, thalidomide and various related compounds such as thalidomide precursors, analogs, metabolites and hydrolysis products have been shown to inhibit angiogenesis and to treat disease states resulting from angiogenesis. Importantly, these compounds can be administered orally.|
|Inventor(s):||D'Amato; Robert (Lancaster, PA)|
|Assignee:||The Children's Medical Center Corporation (Boston, MA)|
1. A method for treating a blood-born tumor in a patient having a blood-born tumor comprising orally administering between approximately 0.5 and approximately 50
mg/kg/day of thalidomide to said patient wherein said thalidomide is administered in a capsule.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the thalidomide is administered in an amount between approximately 1 and approximately 10 mg/kg/day.
3. A method for treating leukemia in a patient having leukemia comprising orally administering between approximately 0.5 and approximately 50 mg/kg/day of thalidomide to .sctn.aid patient wherein said thalidomide is administered in a capsule.
4. The method of claim 3 wherein the thalidomide is administered in an amount between approximately 1 and approximately 10 mg/kg/day.
5. A method of treating a blood-born tumor in a patient having a blood-born tumor comprising orally administering a capsule of thalidomide to said patient, wherein said patient is administered an anti-angiogenic amount of 0.5 to 50 mg/kg/day of thalidomide as an anti-angiogenic agent against said tumor.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.