Generated: April 27, 2017
|Abstract:||An object of the present invention is to provide an anti-constipation composition containing a halogenated-bi-cyclic compound as an active ingredient in ratio of bi-cyclic/mono-cyclic structure of at least 1:1. The halogenated-bi-cyclic compound is represented by Formula (I): ##STR00001## where X.sub.1 and X.sub.2 are preferably both fluorine atoms. The composition can be used to treat constipation with out substantive side-effects, such as stomachache.|
|Inventor(s):||Ueno; Ryuji (Potomac, MD)|
|Assignee:||Sucampo AG (Zurich, CH)|
1. A liquid dosage form for oral administration comprising: a bi-cyclic compound represented by the formula (I), ##STR00028##
13,14-dihydro-15-keto-16,16-difluoro-prostaglandin E1 a compound which is a mono-cyclic tautomer of formula (I), and a non-aqueous solution or suspension agent, wherein the non-aqueous solvent or suspending agent stabilizes the dosage form in a ratio of
bi-cyclic compound to mono-cyclic tautomer of at least 20:1.
2. The liquid dosage form of claim 1, wherein the non-aqueous solution or suspension agent is propylene glycol, polyethylene glycol, alcohol, or polysorbate.
3. The liquid dosage form of claim 1, wherein the non-aqueous solution or suspension agent is propylene glycol, polyethylene glycol, a fatty acid triglyceride, a vegetable oil, or an alcohol.
4. The liquid dosage form of claim 1, further comprising one or more of a preservative, wetting agent, emulsifier, dispersant, or anti-oxidant.
5. The liquid dosage form of claim 1, wherein the ratio of bi-cyclic compound to mono-cyclic tautomer is at least about 96:4.
6. The liquid dosage form of claim 1, which is formulated in a capsule.
7. The liquid dosage form of claim 6, which is formulated in a soft capsule.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.