Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Composition and method for stabilizing the same|
|Abstract:||Disclosed is a novel composition comprising a novel bi-cyclic compound, which is expected to be pharmaceutically active, and a glyceride. The stability of the bi-cyclic compound can be improved significantly by dissolving the same in a glyceride.|
|Inventor(s):||Ueno; Ryuji (Potomac, MD), Habe; Tsuyoshi (Sasayama, JP)|
|Assignee:||Sucampo AG (Zurich, CH)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition for oral administration comprising: i. the following bicyclic compound, ##STR00022##
7-[1R,3R,6R,7R)-3-(1,1-difluoropentyl)-3-hydroxy-2-oxabicycl[4.3.0]nonane- -8-one-7-yl]heptanoic acid ii. the monocyclic tautomer of said compound, and iii. an oil solvent, wherein the composition is suitable for oral administration, wherein the ratio
of the bicyclic compound to the monocyclic tautomer in the pharmaceutical composition is at least 90:10, wherein the composition is substantially free of water.
2. The composition according to claim 1, wherein the ratio of bi-cyclic compound to mono-cyclic tautomer is at least about 96:4.
3. The composition according to claim 1, wherein the ratio of bi-cyclic compound to mono-cyclic tautomer is substantially 100:0.
4. The composition according to claim 1, which is formulated as a capsule.
5. The composition according to claim 1, wherein said solvent is an oil solvent other than glyceride.
6. The composition according to claim 5, wherein said oil solvent is mineral oil.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.