DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,097,648
|Title:||Methods and compositions for use in treating cancer|
|Abstract:||The invention provides methods and compositions for use in treating diseases associated with excessive cellular proliferation, such as cancer.|
|Inventor(s):||Littlefield; Bruce A. (Andover, MA), Towle; Murray J. (Auburn, NH), Seletsky; Boris M. (Andover, MA), Yu; Melvin J. (Andover, MA), Zheng; Wanjun (Londonderry, NH)|
|Assignee:||Eisai R&D Management Co., Ltd. (Tokyo, JP)|
1. A method of inhibiting growth of a tumor in a patient, said method comprising administering to said patient a compound of the structure: ##STR00006## or a pharmaceutically
acceptable salt thereof, wherein said tumor is breast carcinoma, and wherein said compound or pharmaceutically acceptable salt is not co-administered with another pharmaceutically active agent.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said compound or pharmaceutically acceptable salt is administered in a pharmaceutical composition comprising a pharmaceutically-acceptable carrier.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said compound or pharmaceutically acceptable salt is administered by oral, topical, parenteral, or intravenous routes, or by injection or inhalation.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said compound or pharmaceutically acceptable salt is administered in a controlled-release formulation.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein said method consists of administration of said compound or pharmaceutically acceptable salt, in a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier or diluent, to said patient.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.