Generated: April 26, 2017
|Title:||Method for reducing or preventing transplant rejection in the eye and intraocular implants for use therefor|
|Abstract:||Methods for reducing or preventing transplant rejection in the eye of an individual are described, comprising: a) performing an ocular transplant procedure; and b) implanting in the eye a bioerodible drug delivery system comprising an immunosuppressive agent and a bioerodible polymer.|
|Inventor(s):||Wong; Vernon G (Menlo Park, CA)|
|Assignee:||Allergan, Inc. (Irvine, CA)|
1. A method for treating edema in an eye of an individual, comprising: placing a bioerodible drug delivery system comprising dexamethasone and a bioerodible polymer in
an eye of an individual, thereby treating edema of the eye of the individual.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the placing compromises placing the bioerodible drug delivery system in the vitreous of the eye.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the bioerodible polymer comprises a polylactic acid polyglycolic acid (PLGA) copolymer.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the bioerodible drug delivery system delivers the immunosuppressive agent for at least 5 days.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the bioerodible drug delivery system delivers the immunosuppressive agent for at least about 3 weeks with the remarks beginning on the following page.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.