|Title:||Compositions and methods for treatment of eye disorders|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides compounds and methods for the treatment of LFA-1 mediated diseases. In particular, LFA-1 antagonists are described herein and these antagonists are used in the treatment of LFA-1 mediated diseases. One aspect of the invention provides for diagnosis of an LFA-1 mediated disease and administration of a LFA-1 antagonist, after the patient is diagnosed with a LFA-1 mediated disease. In some embodiments, the LFA-1 mediated diseases treated are dry eye disorders. Also provided herein are methods for identifying compounds which are LFA-1 antagonists.|
|Inventor(s):||Shen; Wang (San Mateo, CA), Oslob; Johan D. (Sunnyvale, CA), Barr; Kenneth (Boston, MA), Zhong; Min (Foster City, CA)|
|Assignee:||Sarcode Bioscience Inc. (Brisbane, CA)|
1. A compound with the following formula: ##STR00035## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
2. A pharmaceutical composition comprising an effective amount of a compound of claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable vehicle.
3. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 2 wherein the pharmaceutically acceptable vehicle is suitable for ocular administration.
4. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 3 further comprising a preservative.
5. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 2 wherein the composition form is liquid drops, liquid wash, gel, ointment, liposomes, solution, cream, powder, foam, crystals, spray, aerosol, or liquid suspension.