Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Ocular implant made by a double extrusion process|
|Abstract:||The invention provides biodegradable implants sized for implantation in an ocular region and methods for treating medical conditions of the eye. The implants are formed from a mixture of hydrophilic end and hydrophobic end PLGA, and deliver active agents into an ocular region without a high burst release.|
|Inventor(s):||Shiah; Jane-Guo (Irvine, CA), Bhagat; Rahul (Irvine, CA), Blanda; Wendy M. (Tustin, CA), Nivaggioli; Thierry (Los Altos, CA), Peng; Lin (Palo Alto, CA), Chou; David (Palo Alto, CA), Weber; David A. (Danville, CA)|
|Assignee:||Allergan, Inc. (Irvine, CA)|
1. A bioerodible implant for treating a medical condition of the eye comprising a double extruded filament including a corticosteroid uniformly dispersed within a biodegradable polymer
matrix, wherein the bioerodible implant exhibits a cumulative release profile in which greater than about 80 percent of the active agent is released about 28 days after implantation of the bioerodible implant, and wherein the cumulative release profile
is approximately sigmoidal in shape over about 28 days after implantation.
2. The bioerodible implant of claim 1 wherein the corticosteroid is selected from the group consisting of cortisone, dexamethasone, fluocinolone, hydrocortisone, methylprednisolone, prednisolone, prednisone, triamcinolone, and any derivative thereof.
3. The bioerodible implant of claim 2 wherein the corticosteroid comprises dexamethasone.
4. The bioerodible implant of claim 1 wherein the corticosteroid is about 10 to about 90 percent by weight of the bioerodible implant.
5. The bioerodible implant of claim 4 wherein the corticosteroid is about 60 percent by weight of the bioerodible implant.
6. The bioerodible implant of claim 1 wherein the biodegradable polymer matrix comprises a polyester.
7. The bioerodible implant of claim 6 wherein the biodegradable polymer matrix comprises poly(lactic-co-glycolic)acid (PLGA) copolymer.
8. The bioerodible implant of claim 7 wherein the ratio of lactic to glycolic acid monomers is about 50/50 weight percentage.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.