DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,030,330
|Title:||Benzothiophenes, formulations containing same, and methods|
|Abstract:||This invention provides compounds of formula I ##STR00001## and pharmaceutically acceptable salts and solvates thereof, characterized that the compound is in particulate form and having a specific size range. The present invention further provides pharmaceutical compositions containing or formulated using compounds of formula I, and the use of such compounds for alleviating human pathologies, including osteoporosis, serum lipid lowering, and breast cancer.|
|Inventor(s):||Arbuthnot; Gordon Nelson (Indianapolis, IN), Dalder; Brian Weston (West Lafayette, IN), Hartauer; Kerry John (Carmel, IN), Luke; Wayne Douglas (West Lafayette, IN), Stratford, Jr.; Robert Eugene (Carmel, IN)|
|Assignee:||Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)|
1. A solid oral pharmaceutical composition comprising a 60 mg dose of a hydrochloride salt of a compound of formula I: ##STR00008## and one or more pharmaceutically acceptable
carriers, diluents, or excipients; wherein the composition is formulated using particles of a hydrochloride salt of a compound of formula I having a mean particle size of less than about 25 microns, at least about 90% of said particles having a size of
less than about 50 microns.
2. The composition of claim 1 wherein the hydrochloride salt of a compound of formula I is in a non-solvated crystalline form.
3. The composition of claim 1 wherein the composition is formulated using particles of a hydrochloride salt of a compound of formula I having a mean particle size of between about 5 and about 25 microns.
4. The solid oral pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 wherein the solid is a tablet.
5. The solid oral pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 wherein the solid is a capsule.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.