DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,017,655
|Title:||Non-acidic cyclopentane heptanoic acid, 2-cycloalkyl or arylalkyl derivatives as therapeutic agents|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides cyclopentane heptanoic acid, 2-cycloalkyl or arylalkyl compounds, which may be substituted in the 1-position with amino, amido, ether or ester groups, e.g., a 1-OH cyclopentane heptanoic acid, 2-(cycloalkyl or arylalkyl) compound. The cyclopentane heptanoic acid, 2-(cycloalkyl or arylalkyl) compounds of the present invention are potent ocular hypotensives, and are particularly suitable for the management of glaucoma. Moreover, the cyclopentane heptanoic, 2-(cycloalkyl or arylalkyl) compounds of this invention are smooth muscle relaxants with broad application in systemic hypertensive and pulmonary diseases; smooth muscle relaxants with application in gastrointestinal disease, reproduction, fertility, incontinence, shock, etc.|
|Inventor(s):||Woodward; David F. (El Toro, CA), Andrews; Steven W. (Irvine, CA), Burk; Robert M. (Irvine, CA), Garst; Michael E. (Newport Beach, CA)|
|Assignee:||Allergan, Inc. (Irvine, CA)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising cyclopentane N-ethyl hepteneamide-5-cis-2-(3.alpha.-hydroxy-5-phenyl-1-trans-pentenyl)-3, 5-dihydroxy,
[1.sub..alpha.2.sub..beta.3.sub..alpha.5.sub..alpha.], benzalkonium chloride, and sodium chloride as a tonicity agent.
2. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the composition is for ophthalmic application.
3. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 2, wherein the composition is packaged in a dropper for ophthalmic application.
4. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the pH of the composition is 4.5-7.5.
5. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, for use in lowering intraocular pressure of the eye.
6. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, for treatement of glaucoma.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.