|Title:||Diagnostic imaging contrast agents with extended blood retention|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to contrast agents for diagnostic imaging with prolonged blood retention. In particular, this invention relates to novel compounds that are characterized by an image enhancing moiety (IEM); a protein plasma binding moiety (PPBM); and a blood half-life extending moiety (BHEM). This invention also relates to pharmaceutical compositions comprising these compounds and to methods of using the compounds and compositions for blood half-life extension and contrast enhancement of diagnostic imaging.|
|Inventor(s):||McMurry; Thomas J. (Winchester, MA), Sijiki; Hironao (Gifu, JP), Scott; Daniel M. (Acton, MA), Lauffer; Randall B. (Brookline, MA)|
|Assignee:||Lantheus Medical Imaging, Inc. (North Billerica, MA)|
1. A composition of matter having the following formula: IEM-L-BHEM-PPBM, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein PPBM is a plasma protein binding moiety,
wherein the plasma protein is human serum albumin (HSA); wherein the PPBM has 7-18 carbon atoms and comprises at least 1 aryl ring selected from phenyl, napthyl, biphenyl, and benzyl; wherein IEM is an image enhancing moiety and is selected from the
following group: ##STR00029## wherein one of R.sub.1-R.sub.11 is L-BHEM-PPBM and the R.sub.1-R.sub.11 groups that are not L-BHEM-PPBM are hydrogen; wherein R.sub.12, R.sub.13, and R.sub.14 can be the same or different and are selected from the group
consisting of O.sup.- and NH.sub.2; wherein R.sub.15 is H, CH.sub.2CH(OH)CH.sub.3, hydroxyl alkyl, or CH.sub.2COR.sub.12; wherein said M is a paramagnetic metal ion chelated by the IEM and selected from the group consisting of Gd(III), Fe(III), Mn(II),
Mn(III), Cr(III), Cu(II), Dy(III), Tb(III), Ho(III), Er(III), and Eu(III); wherein L is a linker connecting the IEM to the BHEM consisting of 1 to 4 --CH.sub.2-- groups; and wherein the BHEM moiety is a blood half-life extending moiety and is a
2. The composition of claim 1, wherein the IEM moiety is ##STR00030##
3. The composition of claim 1 wherein the contrast agent is a pharmaceutically acceptable salt, wherein the pharmaceutically acceptable salt is selected from the group consisting of: N-methyl-D-glucamine, calcium, and sodium.
4. The composition of claim 1 wherein said L is a --CH.sub.2-- group.
5. The composition of claim 1, wherein the PPBM binding moiety is selected from the group consisting of: ##STR00031## ##STR00032## where the wavy line signifies attachment to the BHEM moiety.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.