Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to oral granules of montelukast sodium.|
|Inventor(s):||Down; Brian (Pierrefonds, CA)|
|Assignee:||Merck Frosst Canada & Co. (Quebec, CA)|
1. A flowable and dispersible pharmaceutical composition which comprises (i) granules comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable substrate which is spray-dried mannitol
agglomerated with a pharmaceutically acceptable binder, and coated with montelukast sodium, and (ii) a pharmaceutically acceptable lubricant; wherein said binder is selected from hydroxypropyl cellulose, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, methylcellulose,
ethylcellulose and polyvinylpyrrolidone; and said granules are formed by coating said substrate with an aqueous solution consisting of montelukast sodium followed by drying.
2. A composition of claim 1 wherein said binder is hydroxypropyl cellulose.
3. A composition of claim 1 wherein said lubricant is magnesium stearate or talc.
4. A composition of claim 1 wherein said lubricant is magnesium stearate.
5. A flowable and dispersible pharmaceutical composition which comprises (i) granules comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable substrate which is spray-dried mannitol agglomerated with hydroxypropyl cellulose, said substrate being coated with montelukast sodium, and (ii) magnesium stearate, and said granules are formed by coating said substrate with an aqueous solution consisting of montelukast sodium followed by drying.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.