DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,985,772
|Title:||Derivatives of 3,3-diphenylpropylamines|
|Abstract:||The invention concerns novel derivatives of 3,3-diphenylpropylamines, methods for their preparation, pharmaceutical compositions containing the novel compounds, and the use of the compounds for preparing drugs. More particularly, the invention relates to novel prodrugs of antimuscarinic agents with superior pharmacokinetic properties compared to existing drugs such as oxybutynin and tolterodine, methods for their preparation, pharmaceutical compositions containing them, a method of using said compounds and compositions for the treatment of urinary incontinence, gastrointestinal hyperactivity (irritable bowel syndrome) and other smooth muscle contractile conditions.|
|Inventor(s):||Meese; Claus (Monheim, DE), Sparf; Bengt (Trangsund, SE)|
|Assignee:||UCB Pharma GmbH (Monheim, DE)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 7,985,772|
1. 3,3-Diphenylpropylamines of the general formula ##STR00053## wherein: R.sup.1 is hydrogen and R.sup.2 is C.sub.1-C.sub.6 alkylcarbonyl; or R.sup.1 is
C.sub.1-C.sub.6 alkylcarbonyl and R.sup.2 is hydrogen; their salts with physiologically acceptable acids, their free bases and, when the 3,3-Diphenylpropylamines are in the form of optical isomers, the racemic mixture and the individual enantiomers.
2. The 3,3-Diphenylpropylamine of claim 1 wherein R.sup.1 is hydrogen and R.sup.2 is C.sub.1-C.sub.6 alkylcarbonyl.
3. The 3,3-Diphenylpropylamine of claim 1 wherein R.sup.1 is C.sub.1-C.sub.6 alkylcarbonyl and R.sup.2 is hydrogen.
4. A method of treating urinary incontinence in a patient in need thereof, the method comprising administering to the patient an effective amount of a 3,3-Diphenylpropylamine of the general formula ##STR00054## wherein: R.sup.1 is hydrogen and R.sup.2 is C.sub.1-C.sub.6 alkylcarbonyl; or R.sup.1 is C.sub.1-C.sub.6 alkylcarbonyl and R.sup.2 is hydrogen; or its salt with a physiologically acceptable acid, its free base or, when the 3,3-Diphenylpropylamine is in the form of optical isomers, the racemic mixture and the individual enantiomers.
5. The method of claim 4 wherein R.sup.1 is hydrogen and R.sup.2 is C.sub.1-C.sub.6 alkylcarbonyl.
6. The method of claim 4 wherein R.sup.1 is C.sub.1-C.sub.6 alkylcarbonyl and R.sup.2 is hydrogen.
7. The method according to any one of claims 4-6, wherein the 3,3-Diphenylpropylamine is administered to the patient in the form of a pharmaceutical composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
8. A pharmaceutical composition comprising an effective amount of a 3,3-Diphenylpropylamine according to any one of claims 1-3 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.