DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,981,439
|Title:||Methods and compositions for deterring abuse of drugs susceptible to abuse and dosage forms thereof|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to an abuse deterrent dosage form of opioid analgesics, wherein an analgesically effective amount of opioid analgesic is combined with a polymer to form a matrix.|
|Inventor(s):||Kumar; Vijai (Morris Plains, NJ), Dixon; David (Woodside, NY), Tewari; Divya (Suffern, NY), Wadgaonkar; Dilip B. (Suffern, NY)|
|Assignee:||Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Palatine, IL)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 7,981,439|
1. A therapeutic pharmaceutical composition comprising: a mixture including (a) a water soluble drug susceptible to abuse; (b) polyethylene oxide at about 3 to about 40
percent by weight; (c) a disintegrant at about 2 to 25 percent by weight wherein the disintegrant is selected from the group consisting of crospovidone, sodium starch glycolate, and croscarmellose sodium; and (d) sodium lauryl sulfate at about 1 to 10
percent by weight.
2. The therapeutic pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, further comprising an emetic.
3. The therapeutic pharmaceutical composition of claim 2, wherein the emetic is zinc sulfate.
4. The therapeutic pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the polyethylene oxide has an average molecular weight ranging from 300,000 to about 5,000,000.
5. The therapeutic pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition is in unit dose form.
6. The therapeutic pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition is in suppository, capsule, caplet, pill, gel, soft gelatin capsule, or compressed tablet form.
7. The therapeutic pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the water soluble drug susceptible to abuse is present in an amount of 0.5 to about 25 percent by weight.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.