Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Effervescent compositions comprising phosphonates and methods related thereto|
|Abstract:||The invention provides effervescent composition comprising a bisphosphonate, an acidic compound, an alkaline effervescing component, and optionally an anti-ulcer agent and methods of treating osteoporosis in a mammal using the effervescent compositions.|
|Inventor(s):||Rosen; Christer (Jupiter, FL)|
1. An effervescent composition comprising: (a) 50 mg to 120 mg of a bisphosphonate (b) citric acid, and (c) an alkaline effervescing component which is a carbonate salt or a
bicarbonate salt, wherein the composition has a total weight of 3500 mg to about 6000 mg and when dissolved in water produces a solution having a buffered pH of about 4 to about 6.5 and has buffering capacity sufficient to mediate the pH of a patient's
stomach for at least 15 minutes.
2. The composition of claim 1, wherein the bisphosphonate is selected from the group consisting of etidronate, risedronate, ibandronate, alendronate, and combinations thereof.
3. The composition of claim 1, wherein the bisphosphonate is alendronate and said buffering capacity sufficient to mediate the pH of a patient's stomach for at least 30 minutes.
4. The composition of claim 1, wherein the dissolved buffered solution is capable of mediating the pH of a patient's stomach for at least about 30 minutes or more.
5. The composition of claim 1, wherein the alkaline effervescing component comprises a carbonate salt and a bicarbonate salt.
6. The composition of claim 1, wherein the acid component and the alkaline effervescing component are at least partially reacted with each other during granulation with the bisphosphonate.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.