Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Liquid pharmaceutical formulations of palonosetron|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to shelf-stable liquid formulations of palonosetron for reducing chemotherapy and radiotherapy induced emesis with palonosetron. The formulations are particularly useful in the preparation of intravenous and oral liquid medicaments.|
|Inventor(s):||Calderari; Giorgio (Rancate, CH), Bonadeo; Daniele (Varese, IT), Cannella; Roberta (Varese, IT), Braglia; Enrico (Pazzallo, CH), Braglia; Riccardo (Pazzallo, CH), Miksztal; Andrew (Palo Alto, CA), Malefyt; Thomas (Carmel Valley, CA), Lee; Kathleen M. (Palo Alto, CA)|
|Assignee:||Helsinn Healthcare S.A. (Lugano, CH) Roche Palo Alto LLC (Palo Alto, CA)|
1. A pharmaceutically stable isotonic intravenous solution of palonosetron hydrochloride for reducing emesis or reducing the likelihood of emesis comprising a) from about
0.03 mg/mL to about 0.2 mg/mL palonosetron as palonosetron hydrochloride, b) a sterile pharmaceutically acceptable aqueous carrier comprising mannitol as a tonicity agent, at a pH of from 4.0 to 6.0, and c) EDTA in an amount of from 0.005 to 1.0 mg/mL.
2. The solution of claim 1 wherein the palonosetron is in a concentration of about 0.05 mg/mL as palonosetron hydrochloride.
3. The solution of claim 1 wherein the pH is from 4.5 to 5.5.
4. The solution of claim 1 wherein the pharmaceutically acceptable carrier further comprises citric acid.
5. The solution of claim 1 wherein: a) said palonosetron is present in a concentration of 0.05 mg/ml, as palonosetron hydrochloride; and b) said EDTA is present in a concentration of from 0.005 to 1.0 mg/ml.
6. The solution of claim 5 wherein said pH is from 4.5 to 5.5.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.