Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Optimised formulation of tobramycin for aerosolization|
|Abstract:||The invention provides a tobramycin formulation for delivery by aerosolization in the form of additive-free, isotonic solution whose pH has been optimised to ensure adequate shelf-life at room temperature. Said formulation can be advantageously used for the treatment and prophylaxis of acute and chronic endobronchial infections, in particular those caused by the bacterium Pseudomonas aeruginosa associated to lung diseases such as cystic fibrosis.|
|Inventor(s):||Malvolti; Chiara (Parma, IT), Garzia; Raffaella (Parma, IT)|
|Assignee:||Chiesi Farmaceutici S.p.A. (Parma, IT)|
1. A method for treating a lung infection, said method comprising administering an effective amount of an aerosol formulation to a subject in need thereof, said aerosol
formulation comprising: 75 mg/ml of tobramycin dissolved in an aqueous solution containing 0.45% w/v of sodium chloride; wherein the formulation has a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 and an osmolarity of 250 to 450 mOsm/l, and said formulation is free of preservatives
and anti-oxidants, and wherein said lung infection is a Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein the pH of said aerosol formulation is 5.2 and the osmolarity thereof is between 280 and 350 mOsm/l.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein said osmolarity of said aerosol formulation is from 280 to 350 mOsm/l.
4. A method according to claim 1, wherein said osmolarity of said aerosol formulation is 292 to 350 mOsm/l.
5. A method according to claim 1, wherein said osmolarity of said aerosol formulation is 293 to 350 mOsm/l.
6. A method according to claim 1, wherein said osmolarity of said aerosol formulation is 295 to 350 mOsm/l.
7. A method according to claim 1, wherein said osmolarity is 304 to 350 mOsm/l.
8. A method according to claim 1, wherein said osmolarity of said aerosol formulation is 311 to 350 mOsm/l.
9. A method according to claim 1, wherein said osmolarity of said aerosol formulation is 314 to 350 mOsm/l.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.