DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,919,461
|Title:||Erythropoietin receptor peptide formulations and uses|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to peptide compounds that are agonists of the erythropoietin receptor (EPO-R). The invention also relates to therapeutic methods using such peptide compounds to treat disorders associated with insufficient or defective red blood cell production. Pharmaceutical compositions, which comprise the peptide compounds of the invention, and dosages are also provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Duliege; Anne-Marie (Palo Alto, CA), Stead; Richard (Bellevue, WA), Leuther; Kerstin (San Jose, CA), Woodburn; Kathryn Wynne (Campbell, CA), Naso; Robert Barnett (Menlo Park, CA)|
|Assignee:||Affymax, Inc. (Palo Alto, CA)|
1. A method for treating a patient having chronic kidney disease (CKD), which method comprises administering once every 3 to 6 weeks to the patient a therapeutically
effective amount of a compound according to Formula I that binds to and activates the erythropoietin receptor (EPO-R), wherein the therapeutically effective amount is a dosage of 0.25 to 1.25 milligram of the compound per 1 kilogram of body weight of the
patient ##STR00100## wherein PEG is a polyethylene glycol moiety having a molecular weight of about 20,000 to about 50,000 Daltons.
2. The method according to claim 1 wherein the compound is Formula Ia ##STR00101##
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is administered in a composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the therapeutically effective amount is administered once every 3 to 4 weeks.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the dosage is 0.5 to 0.75 milligram of the compound per 1 kilogram of body weight of the patient.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the therapeutically effective amount is administered once every 4 weeks.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the therapeutically effective amount is administered by either intravenous or subcutaneous injection.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein the therapeutically effective amount is administered by subcutaneous injection.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.