Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Long-term stable pharmaceutical preparation containing the active ingredient glyceryl trinitrate|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical preparation containing the active substance glyceryl trinitrate having improved storage stability in a container. The improved storage stability is achieved by the addition of a proton-absorbing substance either as part of the preparation as placed into the container or applied to the surface of the preparation's storage container before the remaining components of the preparation are placed into the container. The preparation can preferably be filled into a plastic bottle having a spray pump.|
|Inventor(s):||Groteluschen; Rolf (Aukrug, DE), Ueck; Henning (Bekmunde, DE), Zimmeck; Thomas (Hohenlockstedt, DE)|
|Assignee:||G. Pohl-Boskamp GmbH & Co. KG (Hohenlockstedt, DE)|
1. A pharmaceutical preparation consisting essentially of: glyceryl trinitrate in a quantity between about 0.2% and about 5% w/w; a triglyceride and an alcohol,
wherein the triglyceride and the alcohol are mixed in a ratio of about 10:90 to about 90:10; a buffer selected from the group consisting of: pharmaceutically acceptable salts of lactic acid, phosphoric acid, and stearic acid, in a quantity less than
about 0.5% w/w; water in a quantity less than about 5.0% w/w; a medium-chain partial glyceride, and a flavoring agent; wherein the pharmaceutical preparation is in the form of an oral spray solution.
2. The preparation according to claim 1, wherein the buffer is sodium lactate, disodium monohydrogen phosphate, sodium phosphate, or calcium stearate.
3. The preparation according to claim 1, wherein the preparation contains water in a quantity less than about 0.5% w/w.
4. The preparation of claim 1, wherein the triglyceride is a medium-chain triglyceride, a triglyceride of plant or semi-synthetic origin, a saturated C.sub.8 to C.sub.12 fatty acid triglyceride, or a combination of any two or more of the foregoing.
5. The preparation of claim 1, wherein the alcohol is a physiologically compatible alcohol, a polyalcohol, propylene glycol, ethanol, absolute ethanol, or a combination of any two or more of the foregoing.
6. The preparation of claim 1, wherein the glyceryl trinitrate is provided in an effective dose to treat angina pectoris when delivered using a pump spray.
7. The preparation of claim 1, wherein the triglyceride is in a quantity between about 10% and about 80% w/w and the alcohol is in a quantity between about 10% and about 80% w/w.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.