Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||Long-term stable pharmaceutical preparation containing the active ingredient glyceryl trinitrate|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical preparation containing the active substance glyceryl trinitrate having improved storage stability in a container. The improved storage stability is achieved by the addition of a proton-absorbing substance either as part of the preparation as placed into the container or applied to the surface of the preparation's storage container before the remaining components of the preparation are placed into the container. The preparation can preferably be filled into a plastic bottle having a spray pump.|
|Inventor(s):||Groteluschen; Rolf (Aukrug, DE), Ueck; Henning (Bekmunde, DE), Zimmeck; Thomas (Hohenlockstedt, DE)|
|Assignee:||G. Pohl-Boskamp GmbH & Co. KG (Hohenlockstedt, DE)|
1. A pharmaceutical preparation consisting essentially of: glyceryl trinitrate in a quantity between about 0.2% and about 5% w/w; a triglyceride and an alcohol,
wherein the triglyceride and the alcohol are mixed in a ratio of about 10:90 to about 90:10; a buffer selected from the group consisting of: pharmaceutically acceptable salts of lactic acid, phosphoric acid, and stearic acid, in a quantity less than
about 0.5% w/w; water in a quantity less than about 5.0% w/w; a medium-chain partial glyceride, and a flavoring agent; wherein the pharmaceutical preparation is in the form of an oral spray solution.
2. The preparation according to claim 1, wherein the buffer is sodium lactate, disodium monohydrogen phosphate, sodium phosphate, or calcium stearate.
3. The preparation according to claim 1, wherein the preparation contains water in a quantity less than about 0.5% w/w.
4. The preparation of claim 1, wherein the triglyceride is a medium-chain triglyceride, a triglyceride of plant or semi-synthetic origin, a saturated C.sub.8 to C.sub.12 fatty acid triglyceride, or a combination of any two or more of the foregoing.
5. The preparation of claim 1, wherein the alcohol is a physiologically compatible alcohol, a polyalcohol, propylene glycol, ethanol, absolute ethanol, or a combination of any two or more of the foregoing.
6. The preparation of claim 1, wherein the glyceryl trinitrate is provided in an effective dose to treat angina pectoris when delivered using a pump spray.
7. The preparation of claim 1, wherein the triglyceride is in a quantity between about 10% and about 80% w/w and the alcohol is in a quantity between about 10% and about 80% w/w.