Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method of treating abnormal cell growth|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to the use of (R)-3-[1-(2,6-Dichloro-3-fluoro-phenyl)-ethoxy]-5-(1-piperidin-4-yl-1H-py- razol-4-yl)-pyridin-2-ylamine, a novel c-Met/HGFR inhibitor, for treating abnormal cell growth in mammals. In particular, the invention provides methods of treating mammals suffering from cancer.|
|Inventor(s):||Christensen; James Gail (San Diego, CA), Zou; Yahong (San Diego, CA)|
|Assignee:||Pfizer Inc. (New York, NY)|
1. A method of reversing or inhibiting the progress of abnormal cell growth in a mammal comprising, administering to said mammal a therapeutically effective amount of
(R)-3-[1-(2,6-dichloro-3-fluoro-phenyl)-ethoxy]-5-(1-piperidin-4-yl-1H-py- razol-4-yl)-pyridin-2-ylamine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein the abnormal cell growth is a cancer mediated by an anaplastic lymphoma kinase.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the mammal is a human.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the mammal is a dog.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the anaplastic lymphoma kinase is a genetically altered anaplastic lymphoma kinase.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the cancer is selected from the group consisting of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), squamous cell carcinoma, hormone-refractory prostate cancer, papillary renal cell carcinoma, colorectal adenocarcinoma, neuroblastomas, anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL) and gastric cancer.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein (R)-3-[1-(2,6-dichloro-3-fluoro-phenyl)-ethoxy]-5-(1-piperidin-4-yl-1H-py- razol-4-yl)-pyridin-2-ylamine or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is administered as a pharmaceutical composition comprising (R)-3-[1-(2,6-dichloro-3-fluoro-phenyl)-ethoxy]-5-(1-piperidin-4-yl-1H-py- razol-4-yl)-pyridin-2-ylamine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof and at least one pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
7. The method of claim 2, wherein the anaplastic lymphoma kinase is a genetically altered anaplastic lymphoma kinase.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.