DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,820,788
|Title:||Compositions and methods of delivery of pharmacological agents|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to a pharmaceutical composition comprising a pharmaceutical agent and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier, which carrier comprises a protein, for example, human serum albumin and/or deferoxamine. The human serum albumin is present in an amount effective to reduce one or more side effects associated with administration of the pharmaceutical composition. The invention also provides methods for reducing one or more side effects of administration of the pharmaceutical composition, methods for inhibiting microbial growth and oxidation in the pharmaceutical composition, and methods for enhancing transport and binding of a pharmaceutical agent to a cell.|
|Inventor(s):||Desai; Neil P. (Los Angeles, CA), Soon-Shiong; Patrick (Los Angeles, CA), Trieu; Vuong (Calabasas, CA)|
|Assignee:||Abraxis Bioscience, LLC (Los Angeles, CA)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 7,820,788|
1. A pharmaceutical composition for injection comprising paclitaxel and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier, wherein the pharmaceutically acceptable carrier comprises
albumin, wherein the albumin and the paclitaxel in the composition are formulated as particles, wherein the particles have a particle size of less than about 200 nm, and wherein the weight ratio of albumin to paclitaxel in the composition is about 1:1 to
2. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the albumin is human serum albumin.
3. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition is free of Cremophor.
4. A method of treating a disease comprising administering an effective amount of a pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the disease is cancer, arthritis, or restenosis.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the disease is cancer.
6. The method of claim 4, wherein the disease is arthritis.
7. The method of claim 4, wherein the disease is restenosis.
8. The method of claim 4, wherein the composition is administered intravenously, intraarterially, intrapulmonarily, orally, by inhalation, intravesicularly, intramuscularly, intra-tracheally, subcutaneously, intraocularly, intrathecally, or transdermally.
9. The method of claim 8, wherein the pharmaceutical composition is administered intravenously.
10. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the ratio (w/w) of albumin to the paclitaxel in the pharmaceutical composition is about 1:1 to about 5:1.
11. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the ratio (w/w) of albumin to the paclitaxel in the pharmaceutical composition is 1:1 to 9:1.
12. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the ratio (w/w) of albumin to the paclitaxel in the pharmaceutical composition is about 9:1.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.