Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||Compounds of formula ##STR00001## in free or salt or solvate form, where Ar is a group of formula ##STR00002## Y is carbon or nitrogen and R.sup.1, R.sup.2, R.sup.3, R.sup.4, R.sup.5, R.sup.6, R.sup.7, R.sup.8, R.sup.9, R.sup.10, X, n, p, q and r are as defined in the specification, their preparation and their use as pharmaceuticals, particularly for the treatment of obstructive or inflammatory airways diseases.|
|Inventor(s):||Cuenoud; Bernard (Horsham, GB), Bruce; Ian (Horsham, GB), Fairhurst; Robin A (Horsham, GB), Beattie; David (Horsham, GB)|
|Assignee:||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)|
1. A combination comprising (a) (R)-5-[2-(5,6-diethyl-indan-2-ylamino)-1-hydroxy-ethyl]-8-hydroxy-1H-quin- olin-2-one in free or salt or solvate form; and (b) an
anticholinergic or antimuscarinic agent.
2. A combination according to claim 1, in which (a) is (R)-5-[2-(5,6-diethyl-indan-2-ylamino)-1-hydroxy-ethyl]-8-hydroxy-1H-quin- olin-2-one maleate.
3. A combination according to claim 1, in which (b) is an anticholinergic or antimuscarinic agent selected from the group consisting of ipratropium bromide, oxitropium bromide and tiotropium bromide.
4. A combination according to claim 3, in which (b) is tiotropium bromide.
5. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a combination according to claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
6. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 5, in which (a) is (R)-5-[2-(5,6-diethyl-indan-2-ylarnino)-1-hydroxy-ethyl]-8-hydroxy-1H-qui- nolin-2-one in free or salt or solvate form and in which (b) is, tiotropium bromide.
7. A method of treating a patient with an obstructive or inflammatory airways disease which comprises administering to the patient in need of such treatment a therapeutically effective amount of a combination according to claim 1.
8. A method of treating a patient according to claim 7, in which the disease is chronic obstructive pulmonary or airways disease.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.