Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
|Abstract:||Compounds of formula ##STR00001## in free or salt or solvate form, where Ar is a group of formula ##STR00002## Y is carbon or nitrogen and R.sup.1, R.sup.2, R.sup.3, R.sup.4, R.sup.5, R.sup.6, R.sup.7, R.sup.8, R.sup.9, R.sup.10, X, n, p, q and r are as defined in the specification, their preparation and their use as pharmaceuticals, particularly for the treatment of obstructive or inflammatory airways diseases.|
|Inventor(s):||Cuenoud; Bernard (Horsham, GB), Bruce; Ian (Horsham, GB), Fairhurst; Robin A (Horsham, GB), Beattie; David (Horsham, GB)|
|Assignee:||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)|
1. A combination comprising (a) (R)-5-[2-(5,6-diethyl-indan-2-ylamino)-1-hydroxy-ethyl]-8-hydroxy-1H-quin- olin-2-one in free or salt or solvate form; and (b) an
anticholinergic or antimuscarinic agent.
2. A combination according to claim 1, in which (a) is (R)-5-[2-(5,6-diethyl-indan-2-ylamino)-1-hydroxy-ethyl]-8-hydroxy-1H-quin- olin-2-one maleate.
3. A combination according to claim 1, in which (b) is an anticholinergic or antimuscarinic agent selected from the group consisting of ipratropium bromide, oxitropium bromide and tiotropium bromide.
4. A combination according to claim 3, in which (b) is tiotropium bromide.
5. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a combination according to claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
6. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 5, in which (a) is (R)-5-[2-(5,6-diethyl-indan-2-ylarnino)-1-hydroxy-ethyl]-8-hydroxy-1H-qui- nolin-2-one in free or salt or solvate form and in which (b) is, tiotropium bromide.
7. A method of treating a patient with an obstructive or inflammatory airways disease which comprises administering to the patient in need of such treatment a therapeutically effective amount of a combination according to claim 1.
8. A method of treating a patient according to claim 7, in which the disease is chronic obstructive pulmonary or airways disease.