Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Peptidomimetic protease inhibitors|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to peptidomimetic compounds useful as protease inhibitors, particularly as serine protease inhibitors and more particularly as hepatitis C NS3 protease inhibitors; intermediates thereto; their preparation including novel steroselective processes to intermediates. The invention is also directed to pharmaceutical compositions and to methods for using the compounds for inhibiting HCV protease or treating a patient suffering from an HCV infection or physiological condition related to the infection. Also provided are pharmaceutical combinations comprising, in addition to one or more HCV serine protease inhibitors, one or more interferons exhibiting anti-HCV activity and/or one or more compounds having anti HCV activity and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier, and methods for treating or preventing a HCV infection in a patient using the compositions. The present invention is also directed to a kit or pharmaceutical pack for treating or preventing HCV infection in a patient.|
|Inventor(s):||Babine; Robert Edward (Carlsbad, CA), Chen; Shu Hui (Thousand Oaks, CA), Collado; Ivan (Madrid, ES), Garcia-Paredes; Cristina (Madrid, ES), Glass; John Irvin (Germantown, MD), Guo; Deqi (Carmel, IN), Jin; Ling (Indianapolis, IN), Lamar; Jason Eric (Indianapolis, IN), Parker, III; Raymond Samuel (Doylestown, PA), Snyder; Nancy June (Lizton, IN), Sun; Xicheng David (Broumfied, CO), Tebbe; Mark Joseph (Zionsville, IN), Victor; Frantz (Indianapolis, IN), Wang; Q. May (Indianapolis, IN), Yip; Yvonne Yee Mai (Indianapolis, IN), Perni; Robert B. (Marlborough, MA), Farmer; Luc (Foxborough, MA)|
|Assignee:||Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (Cambridge, MA)|
1. A compound of the formula ##STR00448## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or prodrug thereof.
2. A compound of the formula ##STR00449## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or prodrug thereof.
3. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable amount of the compound of claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
4. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable amount of the compound of claim 2 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
5. A compound of the formula ##STR00450##
6. A pharmaceutically acceptable salt of a compound of the formula ##STR00451##
7. A compound of the formula ##STR00452##
8. A pharmaceutically acceptable salt of a compound of the formula ##STR00453##
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.