Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
|Title:||Peptidomimetic protease inhibitors|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to peptidomimetic compounds useful as protease inhibitors, particularly as serine protease inhibitors and more particularly as hepatitis C NS3 protease inhibitors; intermediates thereto; their preparation including novel steroselective processes to intermediates. The invention is also directed to pharmaceutical compositions and to methods for using the compounds for inhibiting HCV protease or treating a patient suffering from an HCV infection or physiological condition related to the infection. Also provided are pharmaceutical combinations comprising, in addition to one or more HCV serine protease inhibitors, one or more interferons exhibiting anti-HCV activity and/or one or more compounds having anti HCV activity and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier, and methods for treating or preventing a HCV infection in a patient using the compositions. The present invention is also directed to a kit or pharmaceutical pack for treating or preventing HCV infection in a patient.|
|Inventor(s):||Babine; Robert Edward (Carlsbad, CA), Chen; Shu Hui (Thousand Oaks, CA), Collado; Ivan (Madrid, ES), Garcia-Paredes; Cristina (Madrid, ES), Glass; John Irvin (Germantown, MD), Guo; Deqi (Carmel, IN), Jin; Ling (Indianapolis, IN), Lamar; Jason Eric (Indianapolis, IN), Parker, III; Raymond Samuel (Doylestown, PA), Snyder; Nancy June (Lizton, IN), Sun; Xicheng David (Broumfied, CO), Tebbe; Mark Joseph (Zionsville, IN), Victor; Frantz (Indianapolis, IN), Wang; Q. May (Indianapolis, IN), Yip; Yvonne Yee Mai (Indianapolis, IN), Perni; Robert B. (Marlborough, MA), Farmer; Luc (Foxborough, MA)|
|Assignee:||Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (Cambridge, MA)|
1. A compound of the formula ##STR00448## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or prodrug thereof.
2. A compound of the formula ##STR00449## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or prodrug thereof.
3. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable amount of the compound of claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
4. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable amount of the compound of claim 2 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
5. A compound of the formula ##STR00450##
6. A pharmaceutically acceptable salt of a compound of the formula ##STR00451##
7. A compound of the formula ##STR00452##
8. A pharmaceutically acceptable salt of a compound of the formula ##STR00453##