Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Oral pharmaceutical products containing 17.beta.-estradiol-3-lower alkanoate, method of administering the same and process of preparation|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical dosage unit for oral administration to a human female comprising a therapeutically effective amount of 17.beta.-estradiol-3-lower alkanoate, most preferably 17.beta.-estradiol-3-acetate, and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier is disclosed. Also disclosed is a method for treating a human female in need of 17.beta.-estradiol and a contraceptive method by oral administration of the pharmaceutical dosage unit and a method of preparing a pharmaceutical composition that may be used to form the pharmaceutical dosage unit of the invention.|
|Inventor(s):||Aloba; Oluwole T. (Morristown, NJ), deVries; Tina M. (Long Valley, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Warner Chilcott Company, LLC. (Fajardo, PR)|
1. A pharmaceutical solid dosage unit for oral administration to a human female comprising a therapeutically effective amount of 17.beta.-estradiol-3-acetate and a
pharmaceutically acceptable carrier, wherein the percent moisture of said dosage unit is less than or equal to 5%, and the amount of 17.beta.-estradiol-3-acetate is from about 0.1 to about 10 mg as estradiol equivalent.
2. The dosage unit according to claim 1, further comprising one or more pharmaceutically acceptable inhibitors of hydrolysis wherein the inhibitors of hydrolysis are selected from the group consisting of acetic acid, formic acid, propionic acid, lactic acid and tartaric acid.
3. The dosage unit according to claim 1, further comprising one or more additional steroids.
4. The dosage unit according to claim 3, wherein said one or more steroids have progestational activity.
5. The dosage unit according to claim 1, wherein the dosage unit is prepared by a granulation method.
6. The dosage unit according to claim 1, wherein the dosage unit is a tablet, capsule, powder, lozenge, or troche.
7. The dosage unit according to claim 1, wherein the dosage unit is a tablet or capsule.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.