DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,786,118
|Title:||Pharmaceutical formulations of antineoplastic agents|
|Abstract:||In its several embodiments, this invention discloses a pharmaceutical formulation comprising at least one antineoplastic agent or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, and at least one dissolution enhancing agent sufficient to substantially dissolve said at least one antineoplastic agent in at least one aqueous diluent, wherein said dissolution enhancing agent is urea, L-histidine, L-threonine, L-asparagine, L-serine, L-glutamine or mixtures thereof; a lyophilized powder comprising said pharmaceutical formulation, and articles of manufacture thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Ugwu; Sydney (Gurnee, IL), Radhakrishnan; Vinay (Thousand Oaks, CA), Ihnat; Peter M. (Brooklyn, NY), Witchey-Lakshmanan; Leonore C. (Piscataway, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)|
1. A pharmaceutical formulation comprising temozolomide or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, at least one aqueous diluent, and L-threonine.
2. The pharmaceutical formulation according to claim 1, further comprising: hydrochloric acid, a citrate buffer, a polysorbate, and mannitol.
3. The pharmaceutical formulation according to claim 2, further comprising an aqueous dilutent.
4. The pharmaceutical formulation according to claim 2, wherein said Temozolomide is present in an amount ranging from 4 wt % to 16 wt % and said L-threonine is present in an amount ranging from 8 wt % to 20 wt %, and further comprising: hydrochloric acid in an amount ranging from 4 wt % to 8 wt %, a citrate buffer(s) in an amount ranging from 15 wt % to 28 wt %, a polysorbate in an amount ranging from 4 wt % to 16 wt %, and mannitol in an amount ranging from 40 wt % to 56 wt %.
5. The pharmaceutical formulation according to claim 2, wherein said Temozolomide is present in an amount of about 8 wt %, said L-threonine is present in an amount of about 13 wt %, said hydrochloric acid is present in an amount of about 5 wt %, said citrate buffer is present in an amount of about 19 wt %, said polysorbate is present in an amount of about 49 wt %, and said mannitol is present in an amount of about 48 wt %.
6. The pharmaceutical formulation according to claim 5, wherein the pH of said formulation ranges from about 3.0 to about 4.5.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.