DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,772,178
|Title:||Pharmaceutical formulations and methods of treatment using the same|
|Abstract:||Pharmaceutical formulations containing at least one compound of Formulae I-XXVI herein and at least one surfactant. Pharmaceutically acceptable carriers and excipients may also be included in the formulations. The formulations of the present invention are suited for use in single unit dosages.|
|Inventor(s):||Malcolm; Bruce A. (Paoli, PA), Bradley; Prudence K. (Cranford, NJ), Pavlovsky; Anastasia (Morris Plains, NJ), Cho; Wing-Kee Philip (Princeton, NJ), Qiu; Zhihui (Bridgewater, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)|
1. A pharmaceutical formulation comprising: (a) at least one surfactant present in an amount of about 0.1 to about 10% by weight; and (b) at least one compound wherein said
compound is present in an amount of about 50 to about 1000 mg which is: ##STR00622## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein said at least one surfactant is selected from the group consisting of sodium lauryl sulfate, monoethanolamine,
docusate sodium, poloxamer, lecithin, sorbitan fatty acid esters, polyoxyethylene sorbitan fatty acid esters, ethoxylated aliphatic alcohols, propylene glycol monocaprylate, glycerol monostearate, medium chain triglycerides, polyoxyethylene alkyl ethers,
and polyoxyethylene stearates.
2. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 1 wherein said at least one surfactant comprises sodium lauryl sulfate.
3. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 1 wherein said formulation is in capsule form.
4. A method of treating HCV infection comprising administering an effective amount of the pharmaceutical formulation of claim 1 to a subject in need of such treatment.
5. A method of treating a capthesin-associated disorder comprising administering an effective amount of the pharmaceutical formulation of claim 1 to a subject in need of such treatment.
6. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 2 further comprising 0.1 to 15% by weight of a lubricant.
7. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 6 wherein the lubricant is magnesium stearate.
8. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 1 further comprising one or more carriers, binders or disintegrants, or a mixture of two or more thereof.
9. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 2, further comprising magnesium stearate and one or more carriers, binders or disintegrants, or a mixture of two or more thereof.
10. A pharmaceutical formulation, comprising; (a) a surfactant which is sodium lauryl sulfate present in an amount of about 0.1 to about 10% by weight and (b) at least one compound wherein said compound is present in an amount of about 50 to about 1000 mg which is: ##STR00623## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.