Generated: May 29, 2017
|Title:||Once daily dosage forms of trospium|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical composition of a pharmaceutically acceptable trospium salt, with upon administration to a human patient generates an average steady state blood levels of trospium with a minimum (C.sub.min) and maximum (C.sub.max) blood levels of about 0.5-2.5 ng/ml and about 2.0-6.0 ng/ml, respectively.|
|Inventor(s):||Kidane; Argaw (Montgomery Village, MD), Flanner; Henry H. (Montgomery Village, MD), Bhatt; Padmanabh (Rockville, MD), Raoufinia; Arash (McLean, VA)|
|Assignee:||Supermus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Rockville, MD)|
1. A once-a-day dosage formulation of a pharmaceutical composition suitable for treating a bladder dysfunction comprising: (a) a first plurality of sugar spheres coated with
a layer comprising hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (HPMC) and a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of trospium (Tr.sup.+), said layer being coated in turn with a layer comprising a methacrylic acid copolymer, thereby providing a delayed release (DR)
component; and (b) a second plurality of sugar spheres coated with a layer comprising hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (HPMC) and a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of trospium (Tr.sup.+), said layer being coated in turn with a layer comprising ethyl
cellulose, thereby providing an extended release (XR) component; wherein at least a portion of said formulation releases trospium in the lower gastrointestinal (GI) tract; wherein said formulation, when administered orally to a patient suffering from a
bladder dysfunction provides average steady state blood levels of Tr.sup.+ranging between 500 pg/ml and 2400 pg/ml, and wherein the bladder dysfunction is selected from the group consisting of urinary frequency, urgency, nocturia, urge-incontinence
associated with detrusor instability, urge syndrome and detrusor hyperreflexia.
2. The formulation of claim 1 in which the pharmaceutically acceptable salt of trospium is selected from the group consisting of a fluoride, chloride, bromide and iodide salt of trospium.
3. The formulation of claim 1 in which the pharmaceutically acceptable salt of trospium is trospium chloride.
4. The formulation of claim 1 in which the DR component includes 30 mg of trospium chloride.
5. The formulation of claim 1 in which the XR component includes 30 mg of trospium chloride.
6. The formulation of claim 3 in which the DR component includes 30 mg of trospium chloride and the XR component includes 30 mg of trospium chloride.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.