DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,723,361
|Title:||Methods for inhibiting undesired angiogenesis in patients having tumors with thalidomide|
|Abstract:||The present invention comprises a group of compounds that effectively inhibit angiogenesis. More specifically, thalidomide and various related compounds such as thalidomide precursors, analogs, metabolites and hydrolysis products have been shown to inhibit angiogenesis and to treat disease states resulting from angiogenesis. Importantly, these compounds can be administered orally.|
|Inventor(s):||D'Amato; Robert (Lancaster, PA)|
|Assignee:||Celgene Corporation (Summit, NJ)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 7,723,361|
1. A method for inhibiting undesired angiogenesis in a human having a blood born tumor comprising orally administering to said human a capsule comprising an
angiogenesis-inhibiting amount of thalidomide and administering an amount of a compound that is an epoxide hydrolase inhibitor.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the thalidomide is administered in an amount between approximately 0.1 and approximately 300 mg/kg/day.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein the thalidomide is administered in an amount between approximately 0.5 and 50 mg/kg/day.
4. The method of claim 3 wherein the thalidomide is administered in an amount between approximately 1 and approximately 10 mg/kg/day.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein the blood born tumor is leukemia.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the epoxide hydrolase inhibitor is administered to said human together with thalidomide.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the thalidomide and the epoxide hydrolase inhibitor are administered to said human sequentially.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.