DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,696,206
|Title:||2-phenyl substituted imidazotriazinones as phosphodiesterase inhibitors|
|Abstract:||The application claims a compound of the formula ##STR00001## or a salt, a hydrate, or a hydrate of a salt thereof. The compounds inhibit cGMP-metabolizing phosphodiesterases and are suitable for use as active compounds in pharmaceuticals, for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.|
|Inventor(s):||Niewohner; Ulrich (Wermelskirchen, DE), Niewohner, legal representative; Maria (Wermelskirchen, DE), Es-Sayed; Mazen (Langenfeld, DE), Haning; Helmut (Wuppertal, DE), Schenke; Thomas (Bergisch Gladbach, DE), Schlemmer; Karl-Heinz (Wuppertal, DE), Keldenich; Jorg (Wuppertal, DE), Bischoff; Erwin (Wuppertal, DE), Perzborn; Elisabeth (Wuppertal, DE), Dembowsky; Klaus (Boston, MA), Serno; Peter (Bergisch Gladbach, DE), Nowakowski; Marc (Wuppertal, DE)|
|Assignee:||Bayer Schering Pharma Aktiengesellschaft (Berlin, DE)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 7,696,206|
1. A compound of the formula: ##STR00413## or a salt, a hydrate, or a hydrate of a salt thereof.
2. The compound according to claim 1 having the chemical name 2-[2-ethoxy-5-(4-ethyl-piperazine-1-sulphonyl)-phenyl]-5-methyl-7-propyl-- 3H-imidazo[5,1-f][1,2,4]triazin-4-one hydrochloride.
3. The compound according to claim 1 having the chemical name 2-[2-ethoxy-5-(4-ethyl-piperazine-1-sulphonyl)-phenyl]-5-methyl-7-propyl-- 3H-imidazo[5,1-f][1,2,4]triazin-4-one hydrochloride trihydrate.
4. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a compound according to claim 1 and a pharmacologically acceptable formulating agent.
5. A method of treating erectile dysfunction comprising administering to a mammal an effective amount of a compound according to claim 1.
6. The method of treating erectile dysfunction according to claim 5 wherein the mammal is a human.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.