|Title:||Styrylpyridine derivatives and their use for binding and imaging amyloid plaques|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to a method of imaging amyloid deposits and to styrylpyridine compounds, and methods of making radiolabeled styrylpyridine compounds useful in imaging amyloid deposits. This invention also relates to compounds, and methods of making compounds for inhibiting the aggregation of amyloid proteins to form amyloid deposits, and a method of delivering a therapeutic agent to amyloid deposits.|
|Inventor(s):||Kung; Hank F. (Winnewood, PA), Kung; Mei-Ping (Winnewood, PA)|
|Assignee:||The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA)|
1. A compound having the formula: ##STR00039## wherein, R.sup.a and R.sup.b are independently hydrogen or C.sub.1-4alkyl; Z is I, .sup.123I, .sup.125I, .sup.131I, Br,
.sup.76Br, .sup.77Br, F, .sup.18F, or --OTosyl; and q is an integer from 2 to 5.
2. The compound of claim 1, wherein q is 3 or 4.
3. The compound of claim 1, wherein R.sup.a is methyl and R.sup.b is hydrogen.
4. The compound of claim 1 having the formula: ##STR00040##
5. The compound of claim 4 having the formula: ##STR00041##
6. The compound of claim 5 having the formula: ##STR00042##
7. The compound of claim 1 having the formula: ##STR00043##
8. The compound of claim 1 having the formula: ##STR00044##
9. The compound of claim 1, wherein R.sup.a and R.sup.b are independently hydrogen or methyl and q is an integer equal to 5.
10. A diagnostic composition for imaging amyloid deposits, comprising a radiolabeled compound of claim 1.
11. A method of imaging amyloid deposits in a mammal, comprising: introducing into the mammal a detectable quantity of a diagnostic composition of claim 10; allowing sufficient time for the labeled compound to be associated with amyloid deposits; and detecting the labeling compound associated with one or more amyloid deposits.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.