DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,662,407
|Title:||Modified release formulations of a bupropion salt|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to pharmaceutical compositions, formulations and medicaments comprising a bupropion salt, in particular, modified-release tablets comprising an effective amount of bupropion hydrobromide, and the use of the bupropion salt to prepare a medicament to treat a condition.|
|Inventor(s):||Oberegger; Werner (Mississauga, CA), Maes; Paul (Toronto, CA), Jackson; Graham (Co. Kildare, IE), Saleh; Mohammad Ashty (Oakville, CA)|
|Assignee:||Biovail Laboratories International S.R.L. (St. Michael, BB)|
1. A controlled release composition comprising: a core comprising a therapeutically effective amount of bupropion hydrobromide; and a controlled release polymeric coat comprising a
water-insoluble polymer and a water-soluble polymer.
2. A controlled release composition comprising: a therapeutically effective amount of bupropion hydrobromide; and a controlled release polymeric coat comprising a water-insoluble polymer, a water-soluble polymer, and a plasticizer.
3. The controlled release composition of claim 2, wherein the ratio of water-insoluble polymer:plasticizer:water-soluble polymer is from about 3:1:4 to about 5:1:2.
4. The controlled release composition of claim 2, wherein the water-insoluble polymer is ethylcellulose; the water-soluble polymer is selected from the group consisting of polyvinylpyrrolidone, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, and mixtures thereof; and the plasticizer is selected from the group consisting of dibutyl sebacate, polyethylene glycol 4000, and mixtures thereof.
5. A controlled release composition comprising: a core comprising a therapeutically effective amount of bupropion hydrobromide; and a controlled release polymeric coat.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.