Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
|Title:||Method of providing alcohol-free disinfection|
|Abstract:||A disinfectant delivery system and method of providing alcohol-free disinfection to a body to be disinfected, as well as a method of infection reduction by preparation of a patient before an invasive procedure. A blended cloth comprising first fibers and second fibers is provided with the first fibers generally being greater in quantity by weight than the second fibers. A disinfectant solution impregnates the blended cloth, with the disinfectant solution having chlorhexidine gluconate as an active ingredient and having no alcohol. In the method according to the invention, at least one impregnated blended cloth is used to disinfect at least a portion of a body. A plurality of blended cloths can be provided for disinfecting discrete portions of the body. When an invasive procedure is to be performed on a patient, a further method according to the invention of infection reduction comprises using a CHG-impregnated cloth to disinfect at least a portion of the patient at least one day prior to the invasive procedure proximate the location of the invasive procedure.|
|Inventor(s):||Keaty, Jr.; Thomas (Crystal Lake, IL), Chakroborty; Ram (Darien, IL), Allen; Jennifer M. (Crystal Lake, IL), Chawla; Ajay (Crystal Lake, IL), Panek, Jr.; Robert J. (Huntley, IL), Hanifl; Paul H. (Barrington Hills, IL)|
|Assignee:||Sage Products, Inc. (Cary, IL)|
1. A method of providing a topical alcohol-free skin disinfection to a body to be disinfected, comprising: a. providing a blended cloth comprising first fibers and second
fibers, said first and second fibers consisting of polyester, with the quantity by weight of said first fibers being greater than the quantity by weight of said second fibers, said first fibers having one thickness and said second fibers having a second
thickness different from said first fibers, the thickness of said first fibers being about 1.2 to 1.5 denier, and the thickness of said second fibers being about 4.75 denier, said blended cloth having an absorbency by weight greater than the weight of
said blended cloth, b. providing a disinfecting solution having chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG) as an active ingredient and having no alcohol, c. impregnating said cloth with said disinfecting solution, and d. using the impregnated cloth to disinfectant at
least a portion of the body.
2. The method according to claim 1, in which step "a" comprises providing a plurality of said blended clothes, step "c" comprises impregnating all of said blended cloths, and step "d" comprises using each impregnated cloth to disinfect a discrete portion of the body.
3. The method according to claim 2, including the step, before step "d", of packaging the impregnated cloths in a resealable package.
4. The method according to claim 1, including the step, before step "d", of packaging the impregnated cloth in a resealable package.
5. The method according to claim 4 including the step of removing the impregnated cloth from a resealable package and then performing step "d".