|Title:||c-Met modulators and methods of use|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides compounds for modulating protein kinase enzymatic activity for modulating cellular activities such as proliferation, differentiation, programmed cell death, migration and chemoinvasion. More specifically, the invention provides quinazolines and quinolines which inhibit, regulate, and/or modulate kinase receptor, particularly c-Met, KDF, c-Kit, flt-3 and flt-4, signal transduction pathways related to the changes in cellular activities as mentioned above, compositions which contain these compounds, and methods of using them to treat kinase-dependent diseases and conditions. The present invention also provides methods for making compounds as mentioned above, and compositions which contain these compounds.|
|Inventor(s):||Bannen; Lynne Canne (Pacifica, CA), Chan; Diva Sze-Ming (San Francisco, CA), Forsyth; Timothy Patrick (Hayward, CA), Khoury; Richard George (Redwood City, CA), Leahy; James William (San Leandro, CA), Mac; Morrisson B. (San Francisco, CA), Mann; Larry W. (Richland, MI), Nuss; John M. (Danville, CA), Parks; Jason Jevious (Sacramento, CA), Wang; Yong (Foster City, CA), Xu; Wie (Danville, CA)|
|Assignee:||Exelixis, Inc. (South San Francisco, CA)|
1. A compound according to formula XIVa: ##STR00755## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein: Q is CH; (R.sup.30).sub.0-4 is (R.sup.30).sub.0; R.sup.2 is
halo; R.sup.20 is halo; and R.sup.50 is an unsubstituted C.sub.1-6alkyl group.
2. The compound according to claim 1, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein (R.sup.2).sub.0-4 is (R.sup.2).sub.0; and R.sup.20 is chloro or fluoro.
3. The compound according to claim 1 which is represented by the following structure: ##STR00756## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
4. A compound according to claim 1 which is represented by one of the following structures: ##STR00757## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of any of the above structures.
5. The compound which is represented by the following structure: ##STR00758## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
6. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a compound according to claim 1, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
7. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 6 which further includes an excipient.