Generated: April 28, 2017
|Title:||Pharmaceutical carrier device suitable for delivery of pharmaceutical compounds to mucosal surfaces|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to a pharmaceutical delivery device for application of a pharmaceutical to mucosal surfaces. The device comprises an adhesive layer and a non-adhesive backing layer, and the pharmaceutical may be provided in either or both layers. Upon application, the device adheres to the mucosal surface, providing localized drug delivery and protection to the treatment site. The kinetics of erodability are easily adjusted by varying the number of layers and/or the components.|
|Inventor(s):||Tapolsky; Gilles H. (The Woodlands, TX), Osborne; David W. (The Woodlands, TX)|
|Assignee:||Arius Two, Inc. (Raleigh, NC)|
1. A method for the transmucosal delivery of a systemic pharmaceutical for achieving a fast onset of activity in a subject or a desired level of a systemic
pharmaceutical in the blood of a subject, comprising: adhering a bioerodable device to an oral mucosa surface of a subject such that there is minimal foreign body sensation; and directionally delivering an amount of a systemic pharmaceutical from the
bioerodable device to mucosal tissue of the subject such that an effective amount of the systemic pharmaceutical is delivered to the subject achieving a fast onset of activity in the subject or a desired level of the systemic pharmaceutical in the blood
of the subject within about 30 minutes, wherein the bioerodable device has a residence time of less than 1 hour or about 1 hour, and the device comprises a thin and flexible adherent and bioerodable polymeric film containing a systemic pharmaceutical,
and wherein the bioerodable device comprises soluble polymers selected based on dissolution rates to achieve the desired residence time and release profile.
2. The method of claim 1, comprising adhering the bioerodable device to a buccal mucosa surface.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the device has a residence time of less than 30 minutes or about 30 minutes.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the device has a thickness from about 0.1 mm and about 0.5 mm.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the device has a surface area of from about 0.5 to about 20 square centimeters.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the device further comprises a second pharmaceutical incorporated into the device.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the device instantaneously adheres to the mucosal surface upon application.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.