Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Modified release formulations of a bupropion salt|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to pharmaceutical compositions, formulations and medicaments comprising a bupropion salt, in particular, modified-release tablets comprising an effective amount of bupropion hydrobromide, and the use of the bupropion salt to prepare a medicament to treat a condition.|
|Inventor(s):||Oberegger; Werner (Mississauga, CA), Maes; Paul (Toronto, CA), Saleh; Mohammad Ashty (Oakville, CA)|
|Assignee:||Biovail Laboratories International SRL (St. Michael, BB)|
1. A method of treating depression, comprising administering an effective amount of bupropion hydrobromide to treat depression to a subject in need thereof.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein said method is a method of treating cognitive symptoms in depression, bipolar depression, post partum depression, minor depression, lack of energy in depression, or suicidal depression comprising administering an effective amount of bupropion hydrobromide to treat cognitive symptoms in depression, bipolar depression, post partum depression, minor depression, lack of energy in depression, or suicidal depression to a subject in need thereof.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein said method comprises administration of a once-daily dosage of bupropion hydrobromide.
4. The method according to claim 2, wherein said method comprises administration of a once-daily dosage of bupropion hydrobromide.
5. The method according to according to claim 1, wherein the bupropion hydrobromide has greater stability measured by less degradation products compared to bupropion hydrochloride.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.