DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,553,498
|Title:||Pantoprazole multiparticulate formulations|
|Abstract:||A method of treating gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), ulcers of the stomach or duodenum, or Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome in a human, by administering pantoprazole sodium multiparticulates is described. The pantoprazole multiparticulates have a spheroid core of pantoprazole or an enantiomer thereof, or a salt thereof, a surfactant, and a disintegrant; a sub coat which is comprised of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (hypromellose) and water, an enteric coat on the subcoat, and a final seal coat over the enteric coat, which is composed of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (hypromellose) and water.|
|Inventor(s):||Venkata Ramana Rao; Sripriya (Mahwah, NJ), Shah; Syed M. (East Hanover, NJ), Tatapudy; Hanumantharao (Suffern, NY), Saunders; Richard William (Palisades, NY), Fawzi; Mahdi (Morristown, NJ), Nagi; Arwinder (Thiells, NY), Singh; Shailesh (Bardonia, NY), Hasan; Sumon A (Monroe, NY)|
|Assignee:||Wyeth (Madison, NJ)|
1. A method of treating gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), ulcers of the stomach or duodenum, or Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome in a human, comprising administering a
plurality of pantoprazole sodium multiparticulates to a human, wherein said multiparticulates comprise a core consisting of about 45% w/w pantoprazole sodium sesquihydrate and one or more excipients comprising about 25% to 30% w/w microcrystalline
cellulose, about 4% to 6% w/w polysorbate 80, about 14% to 16% w/w crospovidone, about 0.5 to 2% w/w hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, about 5% to 8% w/w sodium carbonate, and about 1 to about 2% water, an inner seal coat surrounding said core, and an
enteric coating on the inner seal-coated core, said multiparticulates having an average diameter of about 0.7 mm to about 1.25 mm, and wherein following administration to humans said composition provides a geometric mean AUC of between 5451 to 5629
ng.h/mL and a geometric mean Cmax of between 1865 to 1929 ng/mL.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein the multiparticulates have spheroid cores comprising a pantoprazole compound present in an amount of about 40 mg of pantoprazole per 100 mg uncoated multiparticulates, wherein the amount of pantoprazole is measured in the free drug form.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein the multiparticulates further comprise a final seal coat on the enteric coat.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein the multiparticulates are administered in a physiologically compatible liquid.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein the multiparticulates are administered in a food.
6. The method of claim 1 wherein the multiparticulates are administered in a capsule.
7. The method of claim 1 wherein the multiparticulates are contained within a foil package prior to administration.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally: