DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,550,445
|Title:||Aripiprazole complex formulation and method|
|Abstract:||An aripiprazole formulation is provided which includes the antipsychotic agent aripiprazole in the form of an inclusion complex in a .beta.-cyclodextrin, preferably, sulfobutyl ether .beta.-cyclodextrin (SBECD), which in the form of an injectable produces reversible generally minimal to mild irritation at the intramuscular injection site. A method for minimizing or reducing irritation caused by aripiprazole at an intramuscular injection site and a method for treating schizophrenia employing the above formulation are also provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Nerurkar; Manoj (Monmouth Junction, NJ), Naringrekar; Vijay (Princeton, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (Princeton, NJ)|
1. An aqueous injectable formulation comprising a) a complex comprising aripiprazole and sulfobutyl ether-.beta.-cyclodextrin; b) tartaric acid; c) sodium hydroxide; and
d) water for injection.
2. The formulation as defined in claim 1 which contains 2 mg aripiprazole/ml, 5 mg aripiprazole/ml or 7.5 mg aripiprazole/ml.
3. The formulation as defined in claim 1 having a pH of about 4.3.
4. The formulation as defined in claim 1 comprising from about 0.1 to about 2.5% by weight aripiprazole.
5. The formulation as defined in claim 1 comprising from about 0.2 to about 1.5% by weight aripiprazole.
6. The formulation as defined in claim 1 wherein the sulfobutyl ether-.beta.-cyclodextrin is present in an amount from about 100 to about 700 mg/ml of solution.
7. The formulation as defined in claim 1 wherein the tartaric acid is present in an amount from about 7 to about 9 mg/ml.
8. The formulation as defined in claim 1 wherein the tartaric acid and the sodium hydroxide are present in amounts to impart a pH of about 4.3 to the formulation.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.