Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
|Title:||Microencapsulated 3-piperidinyl-substituted 1,2-benzisoxazoles and 1,2-benzisothiazoles|
|Abstract:||Sustained-release microparticle composition. The microparticle composition can be formulated to provide extended release over a period of from about 7 days to about 200 days. The microparticles may be formulated with a biodegradable and biocompatible polymer, and an active agent, such as risperidone, 9-hydroxy-risperidone, and pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salts of the foregoing.|
|Inventor(s):||Atkins; Thomas J. (York, PA), Rickey; Michael E. (Loveland, OH), Mesens; Jean (Wechelderzande, BE)|
|Assignee:||Alkermes, Inc. (Cambridge, MA) Janssen Pharmaceutica, N.V (Beerse, BE)|
1. A pharmaceutical product, comprising: microparticles comprising risperidone dispersed within a solid polymeric matrix of polylactide-co-glycolide having a molar ratio of
lactide to glycolide in the range of from about 75:25 to about 50:50, wherein the amount of risperidone dispersed within the solid polymeric matrix is from about 35 to 40 weight %; and an injection vehicle, wherein the microparticles are suspended in
the injection vehicle prior to administration by injection to provide a duration of action for the treatment of psychotic disorders of from about 7 days to about 200 days.
2. The pharmaceutical product of claim 1, wherein the molar ratio of lactide to glycolide is about 75:25.
3. The pharmaceutical product of claim 2, wherein the injection vehicle is aqueous.
4. The pharmaceutical product of claim 1, wherein the injection vehicle comprises carboxymethylcellulose.
5. The pharmaceutical product of claim 3, wherein the injection vehicle comprises carboxymethylcellulose.