|Title:||Microencapsulated 3-piperidinyl-substituted 1,2-benzisoxazoles and 1,2-benzisothiazoles|
|Abstract:||Sustained-release microparticle composition. The microparticle composition can be formulated to provide extended release over a period of from about 7 days to about 200 days. The microparticles may be formulated with a biodegradable and biocompatible polymer, and an active agent, such as risperidone, 9-hydroxy-risperidone, and pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salts of the foregoing.|
|Inventor(s):||Atkins; Thomas J. (York, PA), Rickey; Michael E. (Loveland, OH), Mesens; Jean (Wechelderzande, BE)|
|Assignee:||Alkermes, Inc. (Cambridge, MA) Janssen Pharmaceutica, N.V (Beerse, BE)|
1. A pharmaceutical product, comprising: microparticles comprising risperidone dispersed within a solid polymeric matrix of polylactide-co-glycolide having a molar ratio of
lactide to glycolide in the range of from about 75:25 to about 50:50, wherein the amount of risperidone dispersed within the solid polymeric matrix is from about 35 to 40 weight %; and an injection vehicle, wherein the microparticles are suspended in
the injection vehicle prior to administration by injection to provide a duration of action for the treatment of psychotic disorders of from about 7 days to about 200 days.
2. The pharmaceutical product of claim 1, wherein the molar ratio of lactide to glycolide is about 75:25.
3. The pharmaceutical product of claim 2, wherein the injection vehicle is aqueous.
4. The pharmaceutical product of claim 1, wherein the injection vehicle comprises carboxymethylcellulose.
5. The pharmaceutical product of claim 3, wherein the injection vehicle comprises carboxymethylcellulose.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.