DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,544,364
|Title:||Pharmaceutical compositions containing a glycopeptide antibiotic and a cyclodextrin|
|Abstract:||Disclosed are pharmaceutical compositions containing a cyclodextrin and a therapeutically effective amount of a glycopeptide antibiotic or a salt thereof. Also disclosed are methods of treating a bacterial disease in a mammal by administering such pharmaceutical compositions.|
|Inventor(s):||Judice; J. Kevin (El Granada, CA), Shaw; Jeng-Pyng (Saratoga, CA), Mu; YongQi (Los Altos, CA), Conner; Michael W. (Half Moon Bay, CA), Pace; John L. (San Anselmo, CA)|
|Assignee:||Theravance, Inc. (South San Francisco, CA)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising: (a) a cyclodextrin; and (b) a glycopeptide antibiotic or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof; wherein the glycopeptide
antibiotic has the formula: ##STR00008## Wherein R.sup.20 is a lipid substituent containing from 10 to 40 carbon atoms, and optionally containing heteroatoms selected from halo, oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur and phosphorous; and wherein R.sup.19 is hydrogen,
and R.sup.5 is a substituent of the formula: --CH.sub.2--NH--R.sup.a--P(O)(OH).sub.2 wherein R.sup.a is alkylene.
2. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the cyclodextrin is hydroxypropyl-.beta.-cyclodextrin.
3. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the cyclodextrin is sulfobutyl ether .beta.-cyclodextrin.
4. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the composition is a lyophilized powder.
5. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the cyclodextrin comprises about 1 to 40 weight percent of the composition.
6. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the glycopeptide antibiotic is in the form of a pharmaceutically acceptable salt.
7. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the glycopeptide antibiotic is in the form of a hydrochloride salt.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.