DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,501,409
|Title:||Preparations for oral administration|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides a preparation for oral administration containing a medicinal substance having cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase inhibitory activity and showing decrease of solubility in the neutral and alkaline regions, wherein an acidic substance is compounded promote the dissolution of the medicinal substance in digestive tract and thus the efficacy can be expressed at the early stage after administration, and which preparation is useful in treatment of erectile dysfunction.|
|Inventor(s):||Murakami; Hideki (Kobe, JP), Takebe; Shoji (Takatsuki, JP)|
|Assignee:||Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation (Osaka-shi, JP)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 7,501,409|
1. A preparation for oral administration comprising (A) as an active ingredient a compound (S)-2-(2-hydroxymethyl-1-pyrrolidinyl)-4-(3-chloro-4-methoxybenzylamino)--
5-[N-(2-pyrimidinylmethyl)carbamoyl]pyrimidine in the free form; and (B) an organic acidic substance, wherein said compound is compounded with said organic acidic substance.
2. The preparation according to claim 1, wherein the organic acidic substance is selected from the group consisting of fumaric acid, tartaric acid, succinic acid, malic acid, ascorbic acid and aspartic acid.
3. The preparation according to claim 1, wherein the organic acidic substance is fumaric acid.
4. The preparation according to claim 1, wherein the compounding ratio of the compound and the organic acidic substance is in the range of 1:0.05 to 1:30.
5. The preparation according to claim 1, which further contains a carbonate.
6. The preparation according to claim 5, wherein the carbonate is one or more substances selected from the group consisting of alkali metal carbonates, alkali metal hydrogen carbonates and alkali earth metal carbonates.
7. The preparation according to claim 5, wherein the carbonate is calcium carbonate.
8. The preparation according to claim 5, wherein the content of a carbonate is 10 weight % or less of the total amount of the preparation.
9. The preparation according to claim 1, which is in the form of tablet.
10. A tablet which comprises (A) (S)-2-(2-hydroxymethyl-1-pyrrolidinyl)-4-(3-chloro-4-methoxybenzylamino)-- 5-[N-(2-pyrimidinylmethyl)carbamoyl]pyrimidine, (B) fumaric acid and (C) calcium carbonate.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.