Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Actuation indicator for a dispensing device|
|Abstract:||An actuation indicator that includes a drum sub-assembly, which includes a rotatable actuation indicator wheel, a rocking, ratchet pawl for rotating the indicator wheel in a set direction and a rocking mechanism for the pawl driven by a slipping clutch arrangement, is described. The slipping clutch arrangement includes a slipping clutch spring engaged at one end to a pinion of a rack and pinion assembly and at a second end to the ratchet pawl.|
|Inventor(s):||Bonney; Stanley George (Ware, GB), Brand; Peter John (Ware, GB), Godfrey; James William (Ware, GB), Rand; Paul Kenneth (Ware, GB)|
|Assignee:||Glaxo Group Limited (Greenford, Middlesex, GB)|
1. An actuation indicator comprising a drums sub-assembly comprising a rotatable actuation indicator wheel, a rocking, ratchet pawl for rotating the indicator wheel in
a set direction and a rocking mechanism for the pawl driven by a slipping clutch arrangement, wherein the slipping clutch arrangement comprises a slipping clutch spring engaged at one end to a pinion of a rack and pinion assembly and at a second end to
the ratchet pawl.
2. The actuation indicator of claim 1, wherein the slipping clutch spring has a generally U-shaped configuration.
3. The actuation indicator of claim 2, wherein the open end of the spring engages a boss of the pinion and the closed end of the spring defines a track for slidingly engaging a boss provided on the pawl.
4. The actuation indicator of claim 1, wherein the ratchet pawl engages a ratchet wheel that is fixed to the indicator wheel.
5. The actuation indicator of claim 4, wherein a resilient, non-return leg engages a tooth of the ratchet wheel to prevent rotation of the ratchet wheel in a direction other than the set direction, and the non-return leg rides up and over the teeth to allow rotation in the set direction.
6. The actuation indicator of claim 1, wherein the drums sub-assembly further comprises at least one other indicator wheel, the indicator wheels being arranged to sequentially count down from a set figure to zero, and wherein the indicator wheels lock from further rotation in the set direction when they have counted down to zero, the slipping clutch spring then slipping on further attempts to rotate the mechanism.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.