DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,465,800
|Title:||Polymorphic forms of 3-(4-amino-1-oxo-1,3 dihydro-isoindol-2-yl)-piperidine-2,6-dione|
|Abstract:||Polymorphic forms of 3-(4-amino-1-oxo-1,3 dihydro-isoindol-2-yl)-piperidine-2,6-dione are disclosed. Compositions comprising the polymorphic forms, methods of making the polymorphic forms and methods of their use are also disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Jaworsky; Markian S. (Hopewell, NJ), Chen; Roger Shen-Chu (Edison, NJ), Muller; George W. (Bridgewater, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Celgene Corporation (Summit, NJ)|
1. Crystalline 3-(4-amino-1-oxo-1,3 dihydro-isoindol-2-yl)-piperidine-2,6-dione hemihydrate.
2. The hemihydrate of claim 1 having an X-ray powder diffraction pattern comprising peaks at approximately 16, 22 and 27 degrees 2.theta..
3. The hemihydrate of claim 2 wherein the pattern further comprises a peak at approximately 18 degrees 2.theta..
4. The hemihydrate of claim 1 having an X-ray powder diffraction pattern comprising peaks at 15.8, 22.2 and 26.7 degrees 2.theta..
5. The hemihydrate of claim 4 wherein the pattern further comprises a peak at 18.2 degrees 2.theta..
6. The hemihydrate of claim 1 having an X-ray powder diffraction pattern corresponding to the representative X-ray powder diffraction patterns depicted in FIG. 6, FIG. 32, FIG. 33 and FIG. 34.
7. The hemihydrate of claim 1 having a differential scanning calorimetry thermogram comprising an endotherm with a maximum at about 268.degree. C.
8. The hemihydrate of claim 7 wherein the thermogram further comprises an endotherm corresponding to dehydration.
9. The hemihydrate of claim 1 having a differential scanning calorimetry thermogram corresponding to the representative differential scanning calorimetry thermograms depicted in FIG. 9, FIG. 42, FIG. 43 and FIG. 44.
10. The hemihydrate of claim 1 having between approximately 0.46 and approximately 0.59 moles of water per mole of 3-(4-amino-1-oxo-1,3 dihydro-isoindol-2-yl)-piperidine-2,6-dione.
11. The hemihydrate of claim 1 having a thermogravimetric analysis thermogram comprising a weight loss of between about 3.1% and about 4.0% when heated from about 30.degree. C. to about 175.degree. C.
12. The hemihydrate of claim 1 having an infrared spectrum comprising peaks at approximately 3513 and 1960 cm.sup.-1.
13. The hemihydrate of claim 1 having an infrared spectrum corresponding to the representative infrared spectrum depicted in FIG. 7.
14. The hemihydrate of claim 1 having a Raman spectrum corresponding to the representative Raman spectrum depicted in FIG. 8.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.