Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods and compositions for inhibition of angiogenesis|
|Abstract:||The present invention comprises a group of compounds that effectively inhibit angiogenesis. More specifically, thalidomide and various related compounds such as thalidomide precursors, analogs, metabolites and hydrolysis products have been shown to inhibit angiogenesis and to treat disease states resulting from angiogenesis. Additionally, antiinflammatory drugs, such as steroids and NSAIDs can inhibit angiogenesis dependent diseases either alone or in combination with thalidomide and related compounds. Importantly, these compounds can be administered orally.|
|Inventor(s):||D'Amato; Robert J. (Cambridge, MA)|
|Assignee:||Celgene Corporation (Summit, NJ)|
1. A method of treating blood-borne tumors comprising administering to a patient in need of such treatment an effective amount of thalidomide in combination with dexamethasone.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the amount of thalidomide administered is from 0.1 to 300 mg/kg/day.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the amount of thalidomide administered is from 0.5 to 50 mg/kg/day.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the amount of thalidomide administered is from 1 to 10 mg/kg/day.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the thalidomide and dexamethasone are administered parenterally.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the thalidomide and dexamethasone are administered orally.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.