|Title:||Methods and compositions for inhibition of angiogenesis|
|Abstract:||The present invention comprises a group of compounds that effectively inhibit angiogenesis. More specifically, thalidomide and various related compounds such as thalidomide precursors, analogs, metabolites and hydrolysis products have been shown to inhibit angiogenesis and to treat disease states resulting from angiogenesis. Additionally, antiinflammatory drugs, such as steroids and NSAIDs can inhibit angiogenesis dependent diseases either alone or in combination with thalidomide and related compounds. Importantly, these compounds can be administered orally.|
|Inventor(s):|| D'Amato; Robert J. (Cambridge, MA) |
|Assignee:|| Celgene Corporation (Summit, NJ) |
1. A method of treating blood-borne tumors comprising administering to a patient in need of such treatment an effective amount of thalidomide in combination with dexamethasone.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the amount of thalidomide administered is from 0.1 to 300 mg/kg/day.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the amount of thalidomide administered is from 0.5 to 50 mg/kg/day.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the amount of thalidomide administered is from 1 to 10 mg/kg/day.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the thalidomide and dexamethasone are administered parenterally.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the thalidomide and dexamethasone are administered orally.