Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||This invention relates to a compound or group of compounds present in an active principle derived from plants of species Euphorbia peplus, Euphorbia hirta and Euphorbia drummondii, and to pharmaceutical compositions comprising these compounds. Extracts from these plants have been found to show selective cytotoxicity against several different cancer cell lines. The compounds are useful in effective treatment of cancers, particularly malignant melanomas and squamous cell carcinomas (SCCs). In a preferred embodiment of the invention, the compound is selected from the group consisting of jatrophanes, pepluanes, paralianes and ingenanes, and pharmaceutically-acceptable salts or esters thereof, and more particularly jatrophanes of Conformation II.|
|Inventor(s):||Aylward; James Harrison (St. Lucia, AU)|
|Assignee:||Peplin Research Pty. Ltd. (Fortitude Valley, AU)|
1. A method for inhibiting proliferative activity of neoplastic cells in a subject, said method comprising administering to a subject in need thereof a therapeutically
effective amount of an isolated compound, said compound being an angeloyl-substituted ingenane.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is selected from the group consisting of an angeloyl-substituted ingenane with an acylated substitution on or at the C-20 position.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is 20-O-acetyl-ingenol-3-angelate.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein the neoplastic cells are present in a subject with cancer or a tumor.
5. The method of claim 4 wherein the cancer or tumor is selected from the group consisting of skin cancer, malignant melanoma, merkel cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, basal cell carcinoma and solar keratosis.
6. The method of claim 4 wherein the cancer or tumor is selected from the group consisting of a solid tumor, lung cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, cervical cancer and breast cancer.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.