DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,381,724
|Title:||Optically active 5H-pyrrolo[3,4-b]pyrazine derivative, its preparation and pharmaceutical compositions containing same|
|Abstract:||Dextrorotatory isomer of 6-(5-chloro-2-pyridyl)-5-[(4-methyl-1-piperazinyl)carbonyloxy]-7-oxo-6,7-- dihydro-5H-pyrrolo[3,4-b]pyrazine, its preparation and pharmaceutical compositions containing it which are usable as tranquillisers and hypnotics.|
|Inventor(s):||Cotrel; Claude (Paris, FR), Roussel; Gerard (Soisy sur Seine, FR)|
|Assignee:||Sepracor Inc. (Marlborough, MA)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 7,381,724|
1. A mixture of isomers of 6-(5-chloro-2-pyridyl)-5-[(4-methyl-1-piperazinyl)carbonyl-oxy]-7-oxo-6,7- -dihydro-5H-pyrrolo[3,4-b]pyrazine, wherein the mixture has an
optical rotation [.alpha.].sub.D.sup.20 of 135.degree..+-.3.degree. when measured at 1.0 g/100 mL in acetone.
2. A pharmaceutical composition comprising the mixture of claim 1 and one or more pharmaceutically acceptable diluents, coatings, lubricants, wetting products, sweetening products, flavouring products, solvents, vehicles or adjuvants.
3. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 2 that is in the form of a tablet, pill, powder or granule.
4. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 2 that is in the form of a tablet.
5. A method of inducing an effect selected from the group consisting of a hypnotic effect, a sedative effect and a tranquilizing effect, comprising administering to a human in need thereof an effective amount of the mixture of claim 1.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.