|Title:||Optically active 5H-pyrrolo[3,4-b]pyrazine derivative, its preparation and pharmaceutical compositions containing same|
|Abstract:||Dextrorotatory isomer of 6-(5-chloro-2-pyridyl)-5-[(4-methyl-1-piperazinyl)carbonyloxy]-7-oxo-6,7-- dihydro-5H-pyrrolo[3,4-b]pyrazine, its preparation and pharmaceutical compositions containing it which are usable as tranquillisers and hypnotics.|
|Inventor(s):|| Cotrel; Claude (Paris, FR), Roussel; Gerard (Soisy sur Seine, FR) |
|Assignee:|| Sepracor Inc. (Marlborough, MA) |
1. A mixture of isomers of 6-(5-chloro-2-pyridyl)-5-[(4-methyl-1-piperazinyl)carbonyl-oxy]-7-oxo-6,7- -dihydro-5H-pyrrolo[3,4-b]pyrazine, wherein the mixture has an
optical rotation [.alpha.].sub.D.sup.20 of 135.degree..+-.3.degree. when measured at 1.0 g/100 mL in acetone.
2. A pharmaceutical composition comprising the mixture of claim 1 and one or more pharmaceutically acceptable diluents, coatings, lubricants, wetting products, sweetening products, flavouring products, solvents, vehicles or adjuvants.
3. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 2 that is in the form of a tablet, pill, powder or granule.
4. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 2 that is in the form of a tablet.
5. A method of inducing an effect selected from the group consisting of a hypnotic effect, a sedative effect and a tranquilizing effect, comprising administering to a human in need thereof an effective amount of the mixture of claim 1.