DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,364,752
|Title:||Solid dispersion pharamaceutical formulations|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical composition is disclosed which comprises a solid dispersion of an HIV protease inhibitor in a water soluble carrier, such as PEG, having enhanced bioavailability and improved dissolution properties. The solid dispersion may optionally be encapsulated in hard gelatin capsules, compressed into a tablet, or may be granulated with a pharmaceutically acceptable granulating agent. Also disclosed are methods of making said solid dispersion and methods of treating an HIV infection employing said solid dispersion.|
|Inventor(s):||Fort; James J. (Midlothian, VA), Krill; Steven L. (Chatham, NJ), Law; Devalina (Libertyville, IL), Qiu; Yihong (Gurnee, IL), Porter; William R. (Vernon Hills, IL), Schmitt; Eric A. (Libertyville, IL)|
|Assignee:||Abbott Laboratories (Abbott Park, IL)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 7,364,752|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising ritonavir, wherein ritonavir in said composition is formulated as a solid dispersion of amorphous ritonavir in a matrix including a
water soluble polymer.
2. A pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, comprising a gelatin capsule which encapsulates said solid dispersion.
3. A pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 which is a tablet comprising said solid dispersion.
4. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein said water soluble polymer is PEG.
5. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein said water soluble polymer is PEG 8000.
6. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein said solid dispersion further comprises (2S,3S,5S)-2-(2,6-dimethylphenoxyacetyl)amino-3-hydroxy-5-[2S-(1-tetrahyd- ro-pyrimid-2-onyl)-3-methylbutanoyl]amino-1,6-diphenylhexane (ABT-378).
7. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, further comprising a pharmaceutically-acceptable filler, diluent, lubricant or disintegrant.
8. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein said solid dispersion is ground and formulated into a delivery system.
9. A method of treating an HIV infection comprising administering a pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 to a mammal in need of such treatment.
10. A method of treating an HIV infection comprising administering the pharmaceutical composition of claim 6 to a mammal in need of such treatment.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.